Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our Abilene, Texas client has a contract opportunity for a Electrical Engineer who is responsible for management of wholesale end-use (load) and transmission owner (load and tie line) requests/inquiries, Transmission tie-line (TO-TO), and Generation IPPs once interconnected in assigned geographic area, or by specific customer segment (certain Retail customer interconnections taking transmission service through the operating companies) as directed by Company leadership.
- Position will be a remote position.
- Work will be all in Texas and ability to work around central time zone will be crucial.
- Familiarity with ERCOT rules will be a plus.
- This position serves as the primary contact for their respective area, for correspondence to RTO questions/requests as listed in the global email box posted in the Transmission Interconnections Requirements.
- Responsible for logging, analyzing and resolution recommendations to resolve various Interconnection and Local Delivery Service Agreement (ILDSA), TO-TO modifications or questions within established systems, and responding to such interconnected Generator questions.
- This position serves as the primary subject matter expert for Transmission liaison questions and process contact.
- This position will also be responsible for performance monitoring, including communication with internal transmission and distribution planning, contract organizations, of both affiliate and non-affiliate Distribution distributed resource facilities impacting the transmission system within an assigned region.
- This position requires a thorough understanding of the Transmission and Distribution electrical system and its components, Terms and Conditions of Service, as well as General Service tariffs as approved by state regulatory commissions.
- This role will be the Transmission liaison coordinator for retail customer solutions, only after client Operating Company personnel delegate their assigned responsibilities, to lead Transmission profile compilations with the respective operating company.
- The Interconnection Services Account Manager will build trusting relationships with key internal contacts and provide clear and accurate service reliability and power quality explanations.
- Additionally, this role will work proactively to develop stronger relationships and gather information for client Transmission operations and staff to support customer requests.
Essential Job Functions & Tasks:
- Manage, coordinate and facilitate solutions to support emerging strategic initiatives related to process, accounting, ILDSA, tie-line interconnections, established Gen IPP interconnections (whether affiliate retail or non-affiliate wholesale served), quality of service, ROW, permits, ordinances/resolutions, taxes, siting, complaints, environmental, regulatory, etc.
- Responsible to coordinate Generation IPP requests to interconnect and/or End User load requests to interconnect, and in both cases, manage RTO tariff processes, internally manage both transmission and distribution teams if applicable, and execute various study templates internally and externally coordination of various generation requests, or load studies to the respective entities according to the tariffs.
- Serve as the single point of contact for assigned wholesale/transmission interconnections.
- Proactively lead and interface with wholesale/transmission interconnecting entities in anticipation of significant regulatory/political/industry change. Facilitate and engage System Interconnection Contracts when necessary.
- Understand electrical units including kW, kWh and kVAR as they relate to billing, capacity, power factor correction etc.
- Proactively communicate with interconnecting entity on Power Quality and Reliability metrics and engage company staff as needed to address issues or questions.
- Proactively seek additional revenue and growth opportunities.
- Evaluate historical delivery point performance and proactively initiate actions to address, making recommendations to leadership.
- Identify and coordinate new and modified delivery point or generation energy/capacity requests. Provide necessary information to planners so studies can be completed in a timely and efficient manner for both the transmission and distribution areas, as applicable. Help administer and complete load or other modification studies to provide to FERC Interconnection Contracts. Use the automated tools provided to facilitate interconnection requests and align information to their respective assigned region.
- Support FAC-002 and FAC-001 in assuring we are following our documented processes and storing applicable information in respective document storage systems to aid in future audit support.
- As directed by Transmission and Distribution Leadership, participate in the marketing of new technologies to support growth opportunities in the customer’s service area including support of Cooperative and Municipality economic development.
- Coordinate discussions and share information to support potential asset purchased from or asset sales in relation to transmission assets. Responsible for the facilitation and general management of asset acquisitions or sales within respective assigned area, related to transmission. Help negotiate terms with client Transmission Asset Strategy, Planning, TOPs, TFS and buyer/seller.
- Educate others on the effective and economical use of electric energy, as well as, industry restructuring and transmission tariffs. Work with Settlements staff to support customer billing inquiries.
- Collect customer “needs” throughout the year and share with Interconnection Services, Transmission and Distribution Planning. Manage customer relations
- Assist System Contracts in preparing applicable study reports to effectuate Facility/Delivery point FERC Agreements, if necessary. Assist the Distribution DER planners where applicable.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, Public Policy, Communications, or other related field.
- Experience: Five (5) years related experience in Customer Services, Community Relations, Economic & Business Development, or Government Relations.
- Utility industry related experience preferred.
- Will need to participate in and support ILDSA defined processes and assure timely processing of requests on Customer side and Company side.
- Develop a full understanding of Client/FERC cost allocation rules and apply consistently across Transmission. Understand the state regulatory retail processes associated with distribution interconnections of affiliate customers vs the non-affiliate distribution entity differences.
- Gain a thorough knowledge of meter technologies, their applications, company contacts and proper billing and accounting of meter assets
- Will require some travel to meet with customers on a regular basis to maintain relationships.
- Co-location consideration will be given to candidates possessing desired/preferred qualifications and experience.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed