Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us — we are honest, stay true to our word, and work in the best interest of our clients, consultants, and candidates. Many say they work this way, but few actually do. We are a company that does. Additionally, we bring joy to the world of IT staffing and IT recruiting by making the hiring experience memorable, fun, and different.
Find and provide the best talent for clients and excellent career opportunities for consultants and candidates — whom we treat as part of our team. Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
The Agile Team Facilitator (ATF) Scrum Master in this contract role will be a servant leader for the team, who is responsible for facilitating the progress of the team by coaching those within and without helpful and unhelpful interactions to maximize the flow of value created by the team. He/she will be coaching the team in self-organization, cross-functionality and Team Based Solutioning (TBS).
- Guiding the team and organization on how to adopt Agile practices and values to delight customers
- Coaching team and stakeholders to understand and embrace empirical product development
- Protecting the autonomy of the team, allowing for self-organization without outside influence
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on value management practices for effective Product Backlog refinement & prioritization practices
- Building trust and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Observing team interactions, and calls out observations as an opportunity for feedback and learning (as appropriate)
- Encouraging and enabling open and honest communication among the team members, including the Product Owner
- Facilitating the assessment of team maturity and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Working with other Agile Team Facilitator(s) to increase the effectiveness of Agile adoption within the organization
- Lean & Agile Mindset
- Influence without Authority
- Emotional Intelligent
- Systems Thinker
- Lead by Example
Qualifications / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Agile values, principles, and practices
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burn down techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Agile values, principles, and practices
- Knowledge of other Agile frameworks: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Previous experience as a team lead
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Tucson, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX, and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
We do our jobs in a way that brings delight every day to our clients and the people who work with us. Life is simply too short to grind through every day as a small cog in a huge recruiting machine. As a young and high energy company, we aim to help consultants and candidates land fulfilling jobs that offer real career growth.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed