Our Essington, Pennsylvania client has a full time opportunity for an A&P Mechanic who will be doing services, repairs, and overhauls aircraft components and aircraft engines to ensure airworthiness by performing the following:
- Utilize detailed blueprints to determine pieces to be fabricated and installed.
- Layout and fabricate aircraft parts such as ribs, stringers, doublers etc using standard sheet metal, and composite repair techniques, utilizing measuring tools such as calipers, dial calipers and scales.
- Coordinate with Engineering on changes to the blueprints using ECR QC-172.
- Perform extensive inspections and maintenance checks on aircraft by removing items such as cowling, inspection plates, panels, doors, and auxiliary equipment.
- Properly identify areas in need of repair and properly remove and install aircraft parts in a timely fashion.
- Assists in diagnosing and troubleshooting malfunctions of helicopter subsystems using special tools and equipment as required.
- Work closely with engineers and technicians to create prototype components, assemblies, and vehicles to enhance and shorten the design/build/test process.
- Utilize fabrication machines including drill press, forming tools breaks, mill, and shears.
- Adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
- Examine and inspect engines or other components for cracks, breaks or leaks.
- Test engine and system operations using test equipment.
- Listen to engines and gearboxes to detect and diagnose malfunctions.
- Use special tools such as borescopes, balancer kits, oscilloscopes as well as ignition analyzers, compression checkers, distributor timers, and ammeters.
- Take apart and inspect parts for wear, fretting, warping, pitting or other defects.
- Maintain aircraft systems by flushing gearboxes, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
- Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, structural, parts, and accessories.
- Use hand tools, rivet gun, drill template, and power tools.
- Remove or install engine, gearboxes and propellers using hoist or forklift truck.
- Read, understand, and work from aircraft maintenance manuals, drawings and specifications.
- Modify aircraft systems, or components from ER, SO and drawings.
- Conduct inspections and determine airworthiness.
- Knowledge of Helicopters systems and subsystems.
- FAA A&P and Aircraft Inspector’s Certificate highly desired.
- 10+ years working in Aerospace environment, including experimental aircraft.
- Must be U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder and have an impeccable work history and record.
- Provide own basic tools required to do the above-mentioned work.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Capable to work with little or no direct supervision.
- Good written communication skills.
- Flexibility to work in a fast paced constantly changing environment with long hours and tight deadlines.
- Computer skills (Word/Excel/Outlook) are desirable.
- Detailed knowledge of FARs, NATOPS publication and NATOPS 4710 Instructions desirable.
- Ability to conduct offsite work and tests offsite from ESS or Coatsville.
- A&P license
- Rotorcraft experience
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Revel IT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the right candidate for this or our other open roles!
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed