Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
A contractor is needed in Pasadena, CA for the role of Application DBA. The position will support the database and middleware technologies for Oracle E-business suite and the ecosystems.
- Designing, configuring, and implementing databases for Oracle E-business suite and data warehouse.
- Establishing and maintaining database standards and guidelines.
- Database performance tuning and support operations including patching, cloning, security, backup & recovery, ensuring database integrity, performance and recoverability.
- Configuring Enterprise Manager to monitor EBS and databases to proactively detect exception.
- Developing and automating support procedures.
- Supporting database systems as required for software development and package implementation.
- Performing change, incident and problem management as required.
- Working with vendor support, Application Development and other support teams as necessary to resolve issues.
- Technical quality of deliverables – products, procedures, and documentation.
- Typically requires Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with a minimum of 12 years of experience; or Master’s degree in relevant discipline with 10+ years of experience; or Doctorate in relevant discipline with 8+ years of experience. (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or relevant discipline).
- The individual must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Experience architecting large highly performant applications on distributed system environments
- Strong critical thinking and synthesis; ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to a fast-paced, customer-focused operation.
- Consistent track record for delivering successful software systems applying standard methodologies.
- Experience in configuring relevant Oracle products
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager 13c.
- Proficient knowledge and experience with Oracle E-business Suite 12.2 and databases 19c.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with database administration and performance tuning.
- Solid background and heavy hands-on experience with Linux and scripting (wlst, and shell scripts).
- Advanced knowledge and experience with administering Oracle Enterprise Management 13c in creating monitoring templates, notification rules, metric extensions. Lifecycle and incident management, and install/upgrade agents.
- Extensive experience with all facets of database administration activities including space management, backup & recovery, real-time and historical performance monitoring, proactive and reactive tuning, disaster recovery planning and execution, risk mitigation, patching, and cloning.
- Proficient knowledge and experience with Oracle EBS 12.2 and related FMW & database (19c), including software installation, upgrade, patching, cloning, concurrent processing, workflow administration, performance monitoring and tuning, capacity management, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Solid background with Oracle database and other 3rd party tool administration, configuration, load balancing, backup/recovery, sizing and space management, PL/SQL tuning, and diagnostics.
- Experience with Oracle’s Single Sign-On, Identity and Access Management (SSO, OID, OAM) is preferred.
- Experience with Informatica PowerCenter configuration or other ETL software (preferred).
- Experience with OBIEE configuration or other Business Intelligent analytic software (preferred).
- Experience with DevOps practice and CI/CD pipeline process (preferred).
- Languages: Unix/Linux shell, WLST, and/or Ansible, Python, Perl scripts.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate conceptual ideas clearly and effectively
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and testing skills
- Ability to interact effectively with team member as well as with large groups of stakeholders
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed