Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our Columbus, Ohio client has a contract opportunity for an Applications Developer who will devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering equipment capacity, limitations, operating time and desired results. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs are written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs.
**Role is remote for now**
- Package management – Node (NPM)
- Logistics department: Working on Logistics systems (warehousing, EDI, compliance, transportation, etc), responsible for a multiple applications, both custom and out-of-the-box.
- Freight Claims Application: Building custom application platform with the first application for claims management with Delivery Agents. Custom platform will be the future standard for development within space.
- Competent to work on highest technical level of all phases of applications systems and programming activities.
- Provides technical mentoring to others. Typically reports to Manager. Capable of leading small to medium special technical projects. Demonstrates subject matter expertise in multiple applications and functions.
- Participate in meetings with users to determine requirements and scope
- Contribute towards the recommendation of technical standards/directions/technologies
- Assist in the creation of functional design deliverables
- Complete detailed and technical design deliverables
- Capable of completing key Project Management deliverables for small to medium product development efforts including Requirements Definition, Design, Build and Test phases.
- Facilitate and actively participate in technology activities as they relate to the Technology, Server Management and Operations groups
- Support the installation, configuration, engineering, and management of complex environments that includes multiple operating system platforms and network topologies
- Review detailed and technology design deliverables
- Code, test, document and implement programs with high complexity levels
- Participate in and contribute towards cross-functional teams where system interface activity may occur
- Participate in on-call support activities
- Identify and correct application software problems
- Code, test, document and implement application enhancements and corrections
- Monitor and resolve system performance issues
- Mentor and train other team members in area of expertise.
- Assist end users in resolving and identifying system issues by providing application knowledge and technical expertise
- Assist users through creation and execution of test plan
- Train users in use of new system
- Participate in generation of user documentation
- Assist Manager in the development of technical training plans for Programmer and Programmer Analysts
- 5-9 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year university or college; or equivalent combination of coursework and job experience
- Five-plus years of information systems development experience; minimum four years of project design activities
- Five to seven years of system analysis and programming experience
- Logistics experience preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of PCs including software and hardware
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed