Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us — we are honest, stay true to our word, and work in the best interest of our clients, consultants, and candidates. Many say they work this way, but few actually do. We are a company that does. Additionally, we bring joy to the world of IT staffing and IT recruiting by making the hiring experience memorable, fun, and different.
Find and provide the best talent for clients and excellent career opportunities for consultants and candidates — whom we treat as part of our team. Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our client has a contract need for a Big Data Architect who will serve as the senior architect on a transformation initiative of a content curation system, developing, maintaining and reviewing application architecture throughout the project. He/she will establish, maintain and review enterprise architecture models with a focus on Microservices in cloud environment, to enable applications development and decision-supporting activities, consistent with Technology plans.
- Contribute to and apply Technology industry best practices, ensuring architectural design continuity across Technology, analytics, and chemistry divisions.
- Provide leadership in the research, development and adherence to application standards and patterns.
- Provide leadership with service level agreements and processes (i.e., Walkthrough and Approval processes, Program/System documentation, Status Reporting, Escalation, Change Management, Problem Management, Software Development Methodology, etc.).
- Responsible for the planning and design of both on-prem and cloud-based infrastructure solutions in support of chemical curation and Registry platforms.
- Participate in a cross-functional Technology Architecture groups that review designs from an enterprise perspective.
- Support proof of concept efforts by working with the user team or vendor during meetings/presentations, crafting conceptual solutions, assisting with time estimates, and documenting designs.
- Oversee and approve the creation of architecture documentation.
- Create or review Technology plans that manage clear and realistic expectations of what technology can offer in terms of products, services, and delivery mechanisms.
- Support and mentor less experienced architecture staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree required and Master’s/Advanced Degree desirable in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- End-to-end experience with information solutions involving digital assets, workflow management, and unstructured data processing
- Experience in Big data solutions with the technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Python, NoSQL and Cassandra; cloud solution and data architecture experience (preferable AWS)
- Proven ability to gain knowledge of new technologies and conduct proof of concepts of well-established and innovative enterprise software tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills, accountability, written and verbal communication skills and time management
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
We do our jobs in a way that brings delight every day to our clients and the people who work with us. Life is simply too short to grind through every day as a small cog in a huge recruiting machine. As a young and high energy company, we aim to help consultants and candidates land fulfilling jobs that offer real career growth.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed