This direct hire Business Analyst position is responsible for working directly with the internal business units to identify, define, document, and prioritize requirements of information systems of various size and complexity. Leads and/or assists with project scoping and business process reengineering under the general direction of a project manager.
- Related Work Experience: 6-8 years
- Requires experience with standard software development project management processes (SDLC, waterfall, RUP, Agile, etc.).
- Requires experience with standard analysis and documentation techniques (use cases, business rules, process diagrams, etc.).
- Requires strong ability to balance competing needs and priorities, and to stay focused on the priorities of the overall client business.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, people skills, presentation skills, and facilitation skills.
- Requires ability to navigate complex organizational structures.
- Requires the ability to assess and prioritize the customers’ needs and root problems.
- Requires ability to facilitate meetings between analysts and individuals from within the business.
- Requires ability to closely manage others’ expectations, inside and outside of IT.
- Requires ability and willingness to mentor and coach more junior employees.
- Acts as a point of contact for the business into Information Technology, to improve communication and accessibility of the department.
- Will mentor and coach junior employees. Required to review and provide feedback on specifications, requirements and process flows developed by junior employees. Expected to have significant applicable experience in process development and reengineering.
- Expected to troubleshoot existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary. Expected to lead acceptance testing sessions with the customer for assigned projects.
- Occasional travel (domestic or international) between operating companies may be required. Occasional work during non standard hours may be required.
- 30 %: Requirements analysis, documentation, and communication, for large and/or complex technology projects with local, remote, and/or offshore teams. Leadership and development support for those projects, as needed.
- 25 %: Scoping and estimation, and/or business process reengineering, for large and/or complex new business project requests from any operating company / business unit
- 20 %: Liaison between IT and assigned business units.
- 15 %: Mentoring and coaching other Business Analysts
- 10 %: Helping define and improve BA processes
- Ability to gain both a broad and a deep understanding of business operations, processes, problems, and needs, to the level necessary to recommend process improvements in addition to technology solutions.
- Experience in use case analysis and modeling, and other industry best practices, especially on large/complex projects with large teams.
- Experience working with distributed operations and companies, on multiple continents.
- Experience with project proposal scoping, estimation, and cost/benefit analysis.
- Lightweight project management experience and/or ability.
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed