Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our client has a remote contract to hire opportunity for a Business Analyst – ERP / SAP.
Preferred Experience: SAP R/3
- Inventory Management
- Sales and Distribution
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- The Business Analyst (BA) is a technology resource acting as a liaison between technology teams and the business on medium to large IT projects.
- The BA is responsible for the elicitation of stakeholder business requirements, their assessment, documentation and translation to technology teams.
- The Business analyst serves the business working closely with technology teams to ensure that business needs are met through technical solutions.
- As part of a highly collaborative team, the role will interact with many technical and business resources across the enterprise.
- The ideal candidate is a committed, creative, self-motivated technologist who is interested in practicing his or her skills and learning new ones.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are essential to the successful and satisfactory performance of this job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborate with Business Relationship Managers, stakeholders, and subject matter experts to define business problems, objectives and scope of new projects
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and technology team members to elicit, analyze, and validate business requirements for new products and cross-platform features & enhancements
- Document business requirements in an organized, traceable manner
- Translate vision, business needs & requirements to business stakeholders and development teams
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and technology team members to define product concepts and technical solution designs
- Evaluate technology solutions, including off-the-shelf components, to ensure that they meet business requirements
- Translate technical solutions and constraints to business
- Develops business case including solutions approach options, benefits, impact assessment, risks, assumptions & product cost/benefit
- Assist in the development of roadmaps, release plans & project planning activities
- Assist in the analysis and definition of user stories to support grooming activities
- Evaluate technology deliveries meet business objectives
- Support the development of user acceptance and quality assurance tests
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to manage scope, requirements and organizational change management required to adopt processes and technology delivered by the project
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent industry experience
- CBAP Certification preferred.
- 3+ years of professional experience as an IT business analyst or comparable role, on medium/large-scale software development projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Solid experience in business analysis planning and monitoring, elicitation, requirements analysis, design definition and solution evaluation
- Strong facilitation, critical / analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong requirements modeling & process mapping skills
- Experience with both traditional Waterfall and Agile / Lean methodologies
- Excellent MS-Excel, SQL and Visio skills. TFS experience preferred
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- Ability to build strong partnerships and influence decision makers as well as process and technology adoption
- Proactively understand functional business areas and how they interact/overlap with each other
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Extensive experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives
- Strong Business Acumen
- Experience in defining and maturing business capability road maps
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed