A Business Analyst is needed for a 100% remote contract opportunity. If you have the passion and technical expertise to thrive in an innovative and agile environment, we want to learn more about you! You will play a key role by being responsible for gathering business requirements, analyzing workflow and business processes, and writing functional specifications, user stories, and test plans.
No time zone preference of where worker located.
Core hours 8am PT-1pm PT
8 hours per day with 40 hours per week
Must Have for this role:
- 1 plus years’ experience with Agile software development.
- Need to have some scrum master experience
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Leadership qualities for cross team collaboration effectively with diverse personalities and skill sets and enjoy constructive conflict
- Deadline‐conscious, results‐driven, and high‐performing in a high‐intensity environment
- Acute attention to detail, the ability to analyze complex systems, and the ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and organizational communication skills; must be able to communicate with technical teams and business stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment, as well as clearly document software for these audiences
- The BA is a results‐oriented individual with a passion and capability for contributing to the development of world-class learning solutions, delivered on‐time and in‐scope.
- The BA is a self‐directed team member with demonstrated leadership potential to effectively work across multiple teams, products, and/or platforms.
- This role may also serve as scrum master for their team(s). With digital products accounting for over 70% of revenue (and growing), you will set a vision and utilize your influence and collaboration to drive the evolution of our digital content delivery and learning experiences.
- Draft agile epics and stories; maintain backlog with high-quality stories, acceptance criteria, and current priority.
- Partner with engineering, technical product management, user experience, project management, and QA to investigate, document, and maintain business and technical processes.
- Articulate user personas and needs as required. Document release notes, workflows, processes, case studies, training materials, and technical alternatives for specific epics or feature sets.
- Partner with team leads to deliver roadmap commitments on-time, on-scope, on-quality. Lead scrum ceremonies to ensure that there is an understanding of the user stories, enabling sizing and task breakdown to occur, and maximizing team productivity.
- Partner with mobile apps team leads to deliver roadmap commitments on-time, on-scope, on-quality.
What can you bring to the role?
- 2+ years of experience with Agile software development
- Experience understanding wireframes, UX design, and use-case diagrams
- Demonstrated leadership potential to effectively work across multiple teams, time zones, and countries
- Demonstrated people skills; must be able to collaborate effectively with diverse personalities and skill sets and enjoy constructive conflict
- Comfortable working in a fully remote environment.
- Scrum Master Certification
- Jira and Confluence experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working on mobile apps
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed