Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us — we are honest, stay true to our word, and work in the best interest of our clients, consultants, and candidates. Many say they work this way, but few actually do. We are a company that does. Additionally, we bring joy to the world of IT staffing and IT recruiting by making the hiring experience memorable, fun, and different.
Find and provide the best talent for clients and excellent career opportunities for consultants and candidates — whom we treat as part of our team. Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
The Business Intelligence Developer contractor in Global Technology Services is responsible for supporting the client’s Business Intelligence and data services capabilities to provide actionable, timely information to drive accurate financial reporting, performance monitoring and facilitate business decisions. The position requires hands-on duties with an emphasis on developing dynamic reporting solutions to be successful.
The traditional BI/DW technology stack includes Oracle Exadata, Informatica and Business Objects. Significant investments have also been made in advanced analytical tools including Tableau, Alteryx and Hadoop.
The team strategy is to encourage development of expertise across more than one of the core technologies and look favorably on individuals that can introduce next-generation capabilities to drive business results.
- Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing Development: 60%
- Design, develop and administer business intelligence / data warehousing applications to support the growing demand for business insight generated by traditional reporting, as well as, next generation analytical capabilities.
- Problem Solving / Solution Development: 20%
- Analyze problem statements, suggest various options to address the problem specifying functionality, integrating systems, applying patches and participating in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Business Analysis / Requirements Development: 10%
- Analyze and translate business requirements to functional specifications and provide recommendations and right solution design. Develop Functional and technical design specifications and documents.
- Client / Team Relationship Management: 10%
- Interact with client, developers and IT peers to ensure the successful delivery and implementation of modifications into the production environment.
We are seeking individuals with expertise in one or more of the BI/DW disciplines or technologies below.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- BI / Data Analytics / Data Architecture / Big Data certifications are a plus
- General Technology Experience
- 2+ years in business and information technology support with a focus on developing and delivering Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions to support a decision management function.
- Experience with next generation BI platforms & big data platforms / architectures is a plus
- Understanding of relational databases, dimensional modeling and data warehouse frameworks (Kimball / Inmon).
- Management of the software development life cycle (requirements through implementation).
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills are required.
- Data Integration / Database / Scripting
- Experience integrating Oracle E-Business Suite with reporting / business intelligence solutions is required
- 2+ years in design, development, and/or administration of Informatica (version 9.6.1 or later preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in database scripting using Oracle (PL/SQL, Procedures)
- 2+ years of experience in UNIX Shell scripting
- 2+ years in design, development, and/or administration of Alteryx (v 11.7 or later preferred)
- 1+ yeas of experience or strong knowledge of big data concepts and architecture including Hive, Spark, Scala, HDFS, CDP, Data bricks etc
- Business Intelligence / Reporting / Data Visualization
- 1+ years in design, development, and/or administration of Business Objects (4.2 SP4 or later preferred)
- 2+ years in design, development, and/or administration of Tableau data visualization and dashboards
- Additional Valued Knowledge / Experience
- Experience leveraging Cloud computing solutions and architectures
- Experience with Pentaho Data Integration, Oracle Data Integrator, or Talend
- Education, Publishing, Media or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with data governance best practices
- Experience with Salesforce data
- Complete understanding of BI concepts, best practices, etc.
- Proven ability to translate business objectives to technology solutions
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
We do our jobs in a way that brings delight every day to our clients and the people who work with us. Life is simply too short to grind through every day as a small cog in a huge recruiting machine. As a young and high energy company, we aim to help consultants and candidates land fulfilling jobs that offer real career growth.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed