C / C++ Developer, hybrid or onsite | 956922
Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our Columbus, Ohio client has a contract to hire opportunity (hybrid or onsite) for a C / C++ Developer who will provide development and operational support for external and internal products to increase availability and reliability of our products. This involves developing enhancements and features for the software base, configuring, and deploying new software, as well as troubleshooting and resolving issues when things break.
- 4-year degree in computer science or engineering, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience developing with C++ and C
- Experience with Linux / Unix debugger (i.e., gdb)
- Experience with Linux system calls in addition to general Linux usage
- Experience with distributed architectures
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, high growth environment
- Ability to work with urgency while staying calm and focused when resolving issues
- Ability to understand and work with strong attention to the details
- Quick learner with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal and teaming skills
- Collaborate with teammates grooming backlogs of epics and stories for upcoming sprints.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology trends through individual and team training opportunities.
Nice to have:
- Experience using ClearCase or other source code repository
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, shell)
- Understanding of fault tolerance and reliability concepts
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Continuously look for ways to optimize and automate work.
- Develop tools as needed to accomplish new tasks that come up
- Handle a variety of assignments and requests that come from various customers
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed