Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
A Cable Technician contractor is needed in Columbus, Ohio to work as a member of a project team for enhancing overall job site productivity and ensuring high-quality work. The Technician will work with multiple aspects of the cable installation process including OSP, ISP, rack, stack, patch, pathway construction, rough-in, routing, Telecommunication Room build-out, cable terminations, labeling, and grounding.
**Candidates must be OK with night shift
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Minimum 2 – 6 years’ work experience in new commercial construction structured cabling/data center projects.
- 2+ years of experience with Fiber.
- Data Center installation experience.
- Read, write, and understand English
- Able to distinguish color codes
- Cabling, Punchdown, Cable tech, Cable installation, Terminations, Low voltage, Cat5, Cat6, Structured cabling, Installation
- Demonstrates aptitude for learning from team members.
- Ability to listen carefully to and follow instructions.
- Demonstrated team work and versatility in integrating into multiple work environments.
- Exhibit a positive attitude.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to distinguish color codes and read a tape measure.
- Must be able to meet driving standards policy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Technician’s goal is to complete tasks with a high degree of quality and efficiency, while practicing professionalism for optimal job performance.
- Safety is the number one priority. Follow safe work practices and company and client work site policies.
- Promotes company Core Values to foster and safeguard family-centric culture.
- Installation of structured cabling systems including all aspects of the installation process: OSP, ISP, Rack, Stack, Patch
- Reads and interprets all floor plans, drawings, specifications, and cut sheets
- Properly sets up a variety of copper and fiber testers
- Performs system testing and troubleshooting as required
- Terminates, labels, tests and troubleshoots optical fiber and copper installations
- Assist in developing Installers to complete all the tasks and responsibilities of a Technician
- Proactively oversee and lead job site organization and basic housekeeping maintenance.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain satisfactory compliance with customer security requirements
- Excel in technical tasks such as testing and troubleshooting.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed