Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us — we are honest, stay true to our word, and work in the best interest of our clients, consultants, and candidates. Many say they work this way, but few actually do. We are a company that does. Additionally, we bring joy to the world of IT staffing and IT recruiting by making the hiring experience memorable, fun, and different.
Find and provide the best talent for clients and excellent career opportunities for consultants and candidates — whom we treat as part of our team. Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
We are seeking a Chem / Bioinformatics Software Engineer for a contract role in Columbus, Ohio involving software development of cheminformatics solutions in support of chemical content curation. The role involves developing and deploying scientific software solutions in the chemical information space to support transformational initiatives, delivering both short and long-term results to the business.
- Supporting technology exploration and solution development for the purpose of building chemical and reaction databases that empower proprietary chemical search technologies for our client.
- Combines strong software development skills with a working knowledge of basic chemistry to develop sophisticated informatics solutions that drive efficiencies in content curation and workflow process.
- Applies full stack development capabilities to contribute to the building of a new chemical content management system supporting in-house custom chemistry curation, chemical Registry, and overall chemical database building activities.
- 4-year degree in computer science, engineering, informatics, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience
- Background in a scientific domain is desired, preferably chemistry/physics/information science
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Java/C++/Python/Perl/Tcl-Tk and object-oriented design
- Full stack development capabilities
- Comfortable in Linux/Unix environments
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex technical solutions and articulate business outcomes to science, business and technology audience
- Strong communication, organizational savvy, interpersonal skills
- Innovates and continuously improves; focuses on areas of highest potential
- Experience with cheminformatics toolkits (e.g. OpenEye, CDK, RDKit) is desired
- Experience with distributed file systems and big data technology stack (Hadoop, SPARK) is desired
- Experience with databases technologies (relational, NoSQL, property graph, RDF/triple store) is desired
- Experience working in AWS environment is desired
- Experience and knowledge of science-related solutions, information/intellectual property, or transformation in related industry is preferred
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
We do our jobs in a way that brings delight every day to our clients and the people who work with us. Life is simply too short to grind through every day as a small cog in a huge recruiting machine. As a young and high energy company, we aim to help consultants and candidates land fulfilling jobs that offer real career growth.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed