Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us — we are honest, stay true to our word, and work in the best interest of our clients, consultants, and candidates. Many say they work this way, but few actually do. We are a company that does. Additionally, we bring joy to the world of IT staffing and IT recruiting by making the hiring experience memorable, fun, and different.
Find and provide the best talent for clients and excellent career opportunities for consultants and candidates — whom we treat as part of our team. Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
The contract Cloud Applications Engineer is responsible for the design, build and/or support of cloud-based supply chain applications and data to support Marketing, Loyalty, Promotions and Offers across the organization. The position will work alongside other IT teams to help ensure the solutions being proposed not only meet the business partner’s needs but align to the principles of client IT organization allowing us to continue moving forward. The role should be forward thinking and be one who can lead and deliver innovative solutions to keep the team aligned to the ever-changing business needs.
- Define and leads development of interactive cloud-based web applications on Google’s Cloud Platform
- Quickly understand requirements and be able to architect and build robust applications
- Leads the collaborate on new projects from ideation to completed product
- Leads design and code reviews
- Deliver accurate estimates, provide regular feedback, and consistently meet project deadlines
- Work with business analysts to help them understand technological constraints
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves functional/technical issues
- Configures and customizes fields and objects as required
- Leads collaboration between technical resources and business users to understand business requirements for projects and operations, and makes cogent recommendations
- Provides regular status updates and communications to the platform team and management
- Develops and maintains documentation related to installations, configurations, technical solutions, and procedures relevant to the administration and maintenance of services
- Participates in cross IT sessions to help guide and design upgrades to existing or new solutions impacting the team’s owned applications
- Develops new functionality within the platform based on business requirements
- Performs unit testing and assists with User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on new products and developments, as required
- Proficient using Spring Boot, Java and NodeJS in support of development of cloud-based applications
- Background/exposure to Kubernetes or like solutions
- Proficient in Continuous Integrations/Continuous Delivery methodology
- Demonstrates knowledge in the use of IT methodologies and software
- Demonstrates effective communication skills: verbal, written and interpersonal
- Capable of identifying emerging platform issues and to critically evaluate solutions to successfully apply them to resolving platform issues
- Strong business and analytical skills
- Must have attention to detail with a strong focus on analytics
- Ability to work on multiple projects within the constraints of deadlines while maintaining exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to identify sub-optimal business processes and use process simplification methods and/or technology to improve them
- Advanced analytical and troubleshooting skills with good problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and different business partner organizations
- Willing to go above and beyond to support the business needs and aid resolution
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with strong project management and inter-departmental coordination skills
- Highly motivated with ability to thrive in a fluid and demanding environment
- Three to five years building and maintaining microservices within cloud environment
- Three to five years with cloud application development and support
- Three to five years of applicable experience in application administration, design, testing, implementation, and documentation required
- Three to five years of experience Spring Boot, Java and NodeJS required
- Three to five years of experience with performance measuring and monitoring of IT systems required
- Experience working with data integrations, such as API, ETL, Dataflow or GlobalScape is preferred
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Tucson, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX, and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
We do our jobs in a way that brings delight every day to our clients and the people who work with us. Life is simply too short to grind through every day as a small cog in a huge recruiting machine. As a young and high energy company, we aim to help consultants and candidates land fulfilling jobs that offer real career growth.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed