Our client has a remote contract to hire opportunity for a Cloud DevSecOps Engineer who you will work in a distributed team of development engineers, delivering new capabilities in a reliable manner to achieve continuous operation of the technology environments of various PaaS offerings including virtualization and full stack automation using Terraform and using at scale Kubernetes within client’s public cloud services, while also working with the Infrastructure Services team to make available PaaS offerings for workloads in the client Prem facilities.
Cloud DevSecOps Engineer
- You will maintain and implement certificate and key management, analysis of monitoring events, automation of patching, and other daily security and compliance events and related automation using Infrastructure as Code – IaC. You will follow DevSecOps best practices.
- Additionally, you will assist in implementing an automated and secure framework for robust deployment of tools and processes, using various scripting languages and other solutions.
Essential Job Functions:
- DevOps Automation: Chef, Python, GitHub, CI/CD, Azure DevOps
- API Security, Container Security, Azure, AWS, Cloud Security
- Following client’s Standards and Policies and the associated certification and audit processes
- Participating in Agile development methodologies
- Integrating cloud policy, configuration, and security management tools
- Security automation and embedding machine learning principles in driving event-based correlation
- Incident, Service Request processing including all communications, teamwork, data driven insights, planning and driving continuous improvements of operations
- Taking an automation-first approach to all implementations
- Following standards, protocols and operating processes which enable a secure hosting services environment for businesses
- Collaborating with peers across teams to deliver technology platforms and services that accelerate business outcomes
- Participating in audits for GxP, SOX, HITRUST and other compliance and regulatory aspects across hybrid cloud environments
- Effective and clear Communication and Collaboration skills
- Experience with relevant DevSecOps tool sets
- Application of security/compliance to DevOps processes, including vulnerability management and configuration hardening
- Automation Jedi Skills
- Strong coding and scripting skills
- Cloud Skillsets in Azure preferably or AWS; Able to develop and deploy automated workloads and infrastructure in cloud
- Automated testing skills and understanding
- Pro-active mindset, identifying and preventing potential problems
- Customer focused approach
- 3+ years of DevOps experience
- 3+ years of private or public cloud infrastructure technologies and operations is required.
- 3+ years of advanced software engineering experience of delivering complex, enterprise scale solutions using languages such as Python, JSON, YAML etc.
- Demonstrated success in continuous improvement using agile and DevOps is required
- Network architecture and engineering foundational knowledge is preferred
- Operating systems and containers advanced knowledge including security policies and configurations management is preferred
- Broad technical/engineering and strong operational expertise in security architecture and engineering is preferred
- Azure OR AWS Certifications preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Engineering or equivalent relevant experience
- 4+ years of DevOps experience
- 4+ years of private or public cloud infrastructure technologies and operations
- 4+ years of advanced software engineering experience of delivering complex, enterprise scale solutions using languages such as Python, JSON, YAML etc.
- 4+ years of experience with Terraform stack development, deployment and support
- 2+ years of experience in architecture and engineering in distributed and heterogenous platforms.
- 2+ years of experience developing enterprise scale environments in public cloud (Azure, AWS) including public cloud IaaS, PaaS is preferred.
- Azure AND AWS Certifications
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed