Revel IT presents the below position in partnership with Level D&I Solutions.
ABOUT OUR PARTNERSHIP:
At Revel IT’s one of our core values is that we believe all people have value. We also believe a key to someone’s success is helping them find the right role and culture to work in. Our commitment to leveling the playing field is significant enough that we’ve helped create and we partner with a firm focused on Diversity and Inclusion- Level D&I Solutions.
This Data Analyst contract position with our client is responsible for conducting basic analysis on large amounts of data of a variety of types to uncover hidden patterns, unknown correlations to support the business and management decisions. This includes data mining, data auditing, aggregation, validation, and reconciliation. The position builds basic reports for management as well as conducts basic hypothesis tests.
- Responsible for coordinating the entire teams’ efforts around data collection, analysis, and normalization across a team of 3.
- Work with IT and Business Unit’s Subject Matter Experts to collect, compile, and catalog information about digital assets on the network. This includes the operating system, firmware, and software versions on workstations, virtual devices, servers, network gear, appliances, and “internet of things” devices.
- Once compiled, this individual will load this information into an inventory management tool and will keep it current.
- Assists with the development of basic analytical tools to solve high-value business problems across the organization
- Utilize analytical tools and data management skills to provide actionable business intelligence
- Acquire business knowledge across the organization and utilize knowledge to assist in development of meaningful analyses
- Identify, acquire, and provide management of data needed for various analytic studies
- Develop components of predictive and prescriptive systems to optimize operations and support strategic initiatives
- Apply data visualization tools to large data sets to enhance data understanding
- Assist data scientists in identifying, defining, and developing analyses which provide actionable insight for meeting business needs
- Acquire knowledge of business processes and data acquisition practices from business units using disparate systems
- Collaborate with Information Technology partners to develop data acquisition and data management practices.
- Provide meaningful, concise reporting of analytic results.
- Develop concise meaningful written reports and provide oral presentation of information.
- Develop reporting dashboards that meet business needs for status, trends, and variances
- Collaborate with IT and business units to operationalize meaningful reports and dashboards.
- Identify, track and work with subject matter experts to resolve data gaps relating to IT assets.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and assume responsibility for various IT inventory management needs.
- Collect, organize and disseminate information to various parties.
- Participate on a team that will work together to maximize IT inventory management results; communicate internally and externally with team mates and subject matter experts.
- Actively attend and participate in status meetings with Cyber Security and IT to ensure that all IT inventory management needs are being met.
- Act as a liaison to communicate with appropriate personnel to ensure that digital inventory is correctly accounted for and documented.
- This position may have a working knowledge of analytics and statistical software such as SQL, R, Python, Excel, Hadoop, Tableau SAS, SPSS, and others to perform analysis and interpret data.
- Requires excellent communication and problem solving skills, ability to discuss issues competently with team members, and perform work of average difficulty under supervision or autonomously.
- Bachelor’s degree OR Associates degree with 2 years relevant experience in security (cyber or physical) or NERC-CIP compliance OR High School Diploma/GED with 4 years relevant experience in security (cyber or physical) or NERC-CIP compliance
- Four or more years of relevant experience in security (cyber or physical) OR NERC-CIP compliance in addition to any experience identified above.
ABOUT LEVEL D&I:
Level helps clients address gaps in D&I practices and recruiting. Our mission is to create a Level playing field for people of all backgrounds and promote innovation through diversity of thought. The founders of Level are two former Revel employees.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed