Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our Greenville, SC client is seeking a Data Center Engineer for a contract position.
About the role:
- Serves as the technical lead with responsibility for the operation of multi-site enterprise data centers and equipment rooms.
- Coordinates the planning and implementation of data center infrastructure necessary to support enterprise-level equipment.
- Runs technical projects in an enterprise IT environment and ensures long-term requirements of systems management and planning.
- Serves as the lead for planning, implementation, and operation of all assigned data centers and equipment rooms.
- Ensures system availability and redundancy for all critical systems hosted in assigned rooms.
- Works closely with data center management to ensure standards, operational processes, and procedures are aligned with the group strategy.
- Supporting data center operations at the plant in Greer or at Greenville colocations.
- This person must be hands-on in a secure zone for BMW assets running sales, manufacturing, digital services, etc.
- They will work with and escort providers to these locations to support enabling networking, servers in storage, etc.
- This role requires more operations than projects.
- The team is willing to take someone more junior in their career who is willing to learn new things and go after new solutions.
- Willing and able to learn new things.
- German skills are nice to have but not mandatory.
- Ask – how do you learn new things? Where do you go to find solutions to problems?
- WFH policy: They will need to be onsite as needed; the team is flexible with remote work but this person will need to be able to come onsite at least 50% of the time.
- Serves as the lead for planning, implementation and operation of all assigned data centers and equipment rooms.
- Ensures system availability and redundancy for all critical systems hosted in assigned rooms. Works closely with data center management to ensure standards, operational processes and procedures are aligned with the BMW Group strategy.
- Oversees all ITIL processes and tools as they relate to data center management. Develops reports to ensure SLAs are met and all processes are followed.
- Provides and maintains documentation of installed solutions.
- Recommends and facilitates quality improvement efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned by BMW Operations Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field or the equivalent of 4 years of related IT experience.
- 5+ years of experience with physical layer infrastructure and testing tools (racking, cabling). 5+ years of experience supporting enterprise-class hardware environments.
- 3+ years of experience working as a technical lead with cross-functional teams, providing guidance and mentoring as needed.
- 3+ years of knowledge of physical IT infrastructure systems (networks, servers, storage).
- 3+ years of knowledge of data center environmental systems (space, power, cooling).
- 3+ years of experience with ITIL control processes and tools (ITSM, CMDB).
- 3+ years of experience using MS Office Suite and MS Visio.
- 3+ years of experience demonstrating strong oral and written communication skills.
- 3+ years of experience demonstrating strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Plant Spartanburg 40%
- Other locations 10%
- Works variable hours, including on-call rotations
- Performs work in a normal office setting and/or virtual office environment Works in areas that require safety equipment and clothing
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed