Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our Columbus, Ohio client is seeking a Data Center Operations Analyst for a 3rd shift contract-to-hire opportunity. This position is within the Client Technology division and Solutions Platform and Reliability organization.
**Estimated salary: $70-80K/yr.
Candidates must be willing to be onsite. NOTE: Candidates will have the option to work from home each week, but not always on Mondays and/or Thursdays. WFH days will depend on what rotation schedule they are on.**
- This position is within the Client Technology division and Solutions Platform and Reliability organization.
- Efficiently use the proper incident and change management processes and procedures to initiate the appropriate documentation, engage 2nd level support and notify the appropriate stakeholder and user community of incidents/changes that occur affecting the Data Center Infrastructure (IBM Mainframe, Linux, Unix and Windows platforms) with the possibility of impacting customers, products, and services.
- Activities include monitoring events and production batch schedules, providing initial response to alerts caused by failures, escalating service incidents and incident notifications in a timely manner for swift resolution, opening event tickets, providing detailed turnover to the following shift and interfacing with the internal user community, support groups, systems administrators, hardware support teams and outside vendor support.
- Support mainframe generated computer output in a distributed print environment. Activities include managing output through application for distribution in postscript format to various network attached printers throughout the organization.
- Support the implementation and operation of infrastructure services including storage, network, capacity, database, and hardware support, and other IT infrastructure support services involving Online services, Editorial Systems and Enterprise Business Systems into the production environment.
- Activities include maintaining master knowledge base with the appropriate guidelines and procedures for staff to follow to manage the infrastructure and test customer facing products to ensure functionality and availability.
- With general direction, leverage event management systems to monitor and maintain the availability and functionality of the Client computing environment’s systems, network and applications. Assist in the creation and adoption of incident management procedures (60%)
- Communicate effectively with IT support staff and users through various means (e.g., service management systems, telephone, email, communication software) to collect and disseminate information regarding the operational environment. (15%)
- Has working technical knowledge of the Client computing environment. (10%)
- Support Client staff implementing changes to the Client’s IT infrastructure in accordance with change management procedures and policies. (5%)
- With general direction, support the Data Center’s hardcopy output responsibilities by managing the flow of hardcopy output requests sent to printers within the Data Center. (5%)
- As designated ESSENTIAL staff, report to work when scheduled even when Client is closed to non-essential employees.
- Some college or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of IT experience.
- Must be willing to work 3rd shift position (11:00pm – 7:30am).
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a positive and contributing manner in a team environment.
- Able to digest, comprehend and follow guideline and procedures.
- Good problem solving/analysis and decision-making skills.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed