Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
A Data Modeler is needed for a contract to hire opportunity with our Columbus, Ohio client. Data Modelers are responsible for creating and maintaining high quality physical and conceptual data models and schemas. They also work to identify and define common information requirements and design conceptual structures and plans to meet the current and long-term data requirements of the assigned data domains.
Data Modeler Qualifications:
- 4 Year BA/BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Business Administration
- 2-3 years working experience in a data modeling role
- Understanding of various data modeling techniques (for example Inmon and Kimball)
- 1-2 years working experience with ER Studio or comparable data modeling tool experience
- Working experience with Snowflake
- Strong understanding of relational databases, querying and building
- Experience with data in a large scale service architecture
- SQL knowledge
- Experience analyzing data profiling, data mining, data cleansing, data content, scrubbing data, and translating data via rules from one database to another
- Strong Data Modeling skills to include data quality, source systems analysis (DB2, Oracle, VSAM , etc.) business rules validation, source to target mapping design, and preparation of sample data examples
- Effective interview and meeting facilitation skills are required
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively both in a team environment and independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel as required
- Create, manage, and modify logical and physical data models using a variety of data modeling philosophies and techniques
- Closely partner with Data Stewards to understand the needs of the business and what data relationships the models represent along with helping to identify what relationships and dependencies also need to be reflected.
- Establish and maintain comprehensive data model documentation
- Profile source data and meet regularly with IT partners to develop complete source to target data mappings
- Develop requirements and perform data collection, cleansing, transformation, and loading to populate facts and dimensions for data warehouse
- Interact with application development, enterprise architecture, business intelligence, and technology services on a regular basis
- Model Entities, Attributes, Relationships and Keys that logically matrix to the conceptual models
- Coordinate with the database administration group to ensure day-to-day activities (statistics collection and reporting) are performing in the most efficient manner (data warehouse and big data environments)
- Investigate data quality issues to determine root cause, resolve any data issues and recommended process change to prevent reoccurrence
- Perform other duties as assigned
Desired, But Not Required
- Knowledge and experience in chemistry, drug discovery/development, or medical related industry
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Revel IT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the right candidate for this or our other open roles!
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed