Revel IT presents the below position in partnership with Level D&I Solutions.
ABOUT OUR PARTNERSHIP:
At Revel IT’s one of our core values is that we believe all people have value. We also believe a key to someone’s success is helping them find the right role and culture to work in. Our commitment to leveling the playing field is significant enough that we’ve helped create and we partner with a firm focused on Diversity and Inclusion- Level D&I Solutions.
A Data Scientist contractor is needed in Columbus, Ohio to lead the application of statistics, computer science, and business analytics skills to conduct studies and develop advanced analytical tools to solve high-value business problems across the organization. The role will lead discussions with stakeholders to identify value opportunities with company data. Conceive and direct development of predictive and prescriptive systems to optimize operations and support strategic initiatives, using cutting edge information technology and data science methods.
Currently, due to COVID-19 this position will start remotely and later transition into working on location or hybrid format targeting the Summer of 2021.
- Design and deliver clear messages using the best visualization methods to support management decision making. Mentor junior data scientists on technical methodology and business acumen.
- Use historical client grid sensor data, to prove the prediction of energy theft and critical asset failure or other reliability issues.
- Develop data-based decision-making approaches related to work management; to increase the efficiency of client’s field workforce and realize cost savings. (staffing and scheduling problems)
- Performance tuning and methodology re-work of existing models
- Contribute to team code reviews and skill sharing.
- Develop advanced analytical tools to solve high-value business problems across the organization
- Proficiently utilize analytical tools and data management skills to provide actionable business intelligence.
- Ensure pertinent data is acquired to solve business problems.
- Develop predictive and prescriptive systems to optimize operations and support strategic initiatives.
- Apply data visualization tools to large data sets to enhance data understanding.
- Perform research to keep abreast of industry practices and participate in industry forums.
- Maintain relationship with business unit partners to guide identification, prioritization, and development of actionable, insight providing studies across a variety of core business areas.
- Maintain an ongoing collaborative relationship with business partners.
- Evaluate business unit partner needs and provide guidance as to the value additional analyses could provide.
- Provide collaboration and oversight for outsourced studies.
- Participate in development of scientific studies which provide measurement and evidence of business value achieved.
- Provide meaningful, concise reporting of analytic study results.
- Develop concise meaningful written reports and provide oral presentation of information to business partners and management.
- Track study progress and provide management with study status reports.
- Education: Bachelor degree in mathematics, operations research, applied statistics, economics, data science or a related quantitative discipline.
- Experience: 5 years experience applying quantitative, business analytics, and computational skills.
- Expertise with analytic software packages such as SAS, R, SPSS
- Python or R
- Strong communicator with experience presenting findings to senior leaders
- Track record with at least one of the following: optimization, artificial intelligence/ML, geospatial data analysis, advanced data visualization/dashboarding, Hadoop/spark
- Expertise with database concepts and practices
- Established leader in working in a collaborative, team oriented environment
- Ability to apply strong analytical and complex problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness for occasional travel
- Bonus consideration for previous Utilities experience
- Master’s degree in mathematics, operations research, applied statistics, data mining, data science, or a related quantitative discipline
- Expertise in working with large data environments, such as Hadoop
- Experience with reporting tools such as Cognos or Tableau.
ABOUT LEVEL D&I:
Level helps clients address gaps in D&I practices and recruiting. Our mission is to create a Level playing field for people of all backgrounds and promote innovation through diversity of thought. The founders of Level are two former Revel employees.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed