Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
A Data Scientist contractor is needed in Columbus, Ohio to be responsible for data mining, building predictive models, & driving the construction of data products. Data Science focus surrounds core retail areas including planning, merchandising, inventory management & supply chain business areas.
This position will work closely with other Data Science team members to collect, model, analyze & provide insight on core data sets. This position will work closely with our business partners ensuring solutions meet business objectives and provide high contextual value.
- 7+ years experience in building models and developing algorithms for machine learning, statistics, mathematical programming, and simulation in industry
- 7+ years experience in managing and analyzing large-scale structured and unstructured data using Python.
- 7+ years experience in SQL in big data environments and data modeling.
- Experience with Machine Learning, Statistics, data analysis tools and techniques.
- Experience with statistics methods such as forecasting, time series, hypothesis testing, classification, clustering and regression analysis.
- Work with data engineers to build mineable datasets
- Execute data mining activities providing insight from datasets
- Build accurate predictive models driving decision making
- Work with business owners to understand context with in datasets
- Deliver insight to leadership, helping drive strategic business decisions
- Hypothesize, experiment & drive insight by any means necessary
- Drive innovation by evaluating business processes and identifying data science solutions.
Additional Requirements / Skills:
- Experience with scientific computing and analysis packages such as NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, dplyr.
- Experience with machine learning libraries and packages such as TensorFlow, Keras or PyTorch.
- Experience with data visualization libraries such as Matplotlib, Pyplot, ggplot2
- Experience writing testable code and shipping code into production.
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
- Experience using version control tools such as git
- Experience with cloud technology such as GCP, AWS or Azure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to research scientists, engineering teams and business audiences
- Direct experience analyzing A/B experiments
- Proven ability to convey rigorous technical concepts and considerations to non-experts
- MS or PhD (preferred) in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Quantitative Finance, Math, Statistics, Physics or a related Engineering degree.
- Problem formulation, theoretical knowledge of math and statistics
- Mentoring lots of people / building a program to manage and educate younger analysts in process and techniques
- Communication skills – answering technical questions confidently and succinctly
- Consulting experience
- Willingness to learn and be molded in our process
- Aptitude for communication, aptitude for business and industry verticals
- Business experience, vertical experience
- Broad programming background, ability to mentor small groups.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed