A hands-on Data Warehouse Manager is needed for a full time remote opportunity with our client. This departmental leader will be responsible for strategic and operational leadership, with respect to Business Intelligence including the data architecture, business analysis, requirements, design, systems analysis, quality assurance and project management functions related to this department.
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
- 10 years of experience working with a broad range of technologies, platforms, systems and vendors
- 5 years of experience leading IT Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence Teams
- Service level agreement and vendor contract negotiation and management
- IT budgeting and cost management
- Strong project management skills, with experience in managing resources to meet goals on simultaneous/multiple projects
- Strong technical management and leadership skills and experience to attract, retain, and motivate high talent IT professionals
- Dedication to high levels of client service and responsiveness
- This position will direct a dedicated (2-5 direct reports) and virtual (Shared Resources) team of IT resources who work closely with senior leaders and external vendors to ensure a strong alignment between application solutions and services and needs of the business.
- Responsible for championing and rallying the organization around BI, building, and supporting business cases, providing measurement, reporting and analytics across the enterprise.
- Also responsible for reviewing and approving systems development life cycle, project requests, project schedules and related departmental activities to ensure IT develops and delivers robust, scalable, supportable application platforms/roadmaps, which leverage software solutions, processes, data, and technology, delivering business value and improving decision making and productivity.
- Champion and rally the organization around BI
- Build and support BI business cases
- Implementation, administration and maintenance of the BI application and its users
- Understand key performance measures and indicators that drive company measurement, reporting and analytics
- Implement standards, data governance and a structure to develop and effectively utilize BI information across the organization helping client continue to grow rapidly while creating a competitive advantage
- Oversee all activities and functions involved with the data architecture, analysis, definition, specifications, testing, documentation, and project management of new and/or existing internal and third-party BI applications
- Serve as the top-level expert regarding the development of compelling BI business cases, Including gaining senior management buy-in, to accomplish business objectives
- Create, maintain, and deliver a comprehensive strategy, roadmap and platform servicing all business functions to ensure application execution and implementation plans are aligned with both business and IT objectives and priorities
- Develop and implement an effective business engagement model to establish strategic business alignment
- Understanding of the organizations process models and the enterprise organization’s critical success factors and operating dynamics
- Partner with vendors and business teams in application contract negotiations
- Ensure platform and systems are secure and in regulatory compliance
- Deliver IT solutions within the established service level agreements and take corrective action when SLAs are not being met
- Responsible for a team that is a liaison to key IT business partners, conducts feasibility studies, time, and cost estimates, formulates and implements the overall systems development life cycle strategy for a business area
- Develop a customer-service focused team; Provide coaching, direction and guidance to IT team including, professional development, performance management and staff decisions
- Develop and manage departmental budget
- Identify and communicate key responsibilities and practices to ensure the team promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership and teamwork to achieve results
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills.
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical skills, a thorough understanding of product development.
- Proven knowledge of BI application technologies and platforms, including developing strategies and solutions in enterprise reporting, internal and external integration, 3rd party package integration, portals, dashboards, etc.
- Working knowledge of Data Architectures and Patterns, SQL, ETL and Change Data Capture
- Working knowledge of API Integration, SSIS, PowerShell, AWS, Google Analytics and Facebook Marketing
- Ability to generate business value and establish business alignment across the entire organization, from executive through end user
- Strong organizational skills with extensive experience in managing and mentoring
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic team and fast-paced environment with continuous challenges
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed