Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our Columbus, Ohio client is seeking a Database Administrator contractor who will perform activities related to the day-to-day administration and maintenance of databases. Primary database platform is Oracle; however, MS SQL Server, Snowflake, PostgreSQL are also utilized.
The role will support database development projects with SQL scripts and participate in physical database design. Assist in database installations, upgrades, backups, and configuration of secure, high-performing/high-availability database infrastructure. Confers with appropriate managers/leads regarding architecture, capabilities and issues of these databases.
- 4+ years of experience administering/creating Oracle on Linux and MS SQL on Windows/UNIX/AIX platforms.
- 2+ years of experience with High Availability database solutions/architectures such as Windows Clustering/Always On and/or Oracle Real Application Clusters.
- 2+ years of setting up Standby Database databases and using Always On/DataGuard.
- Must have excellent SQL, PL/SQL, PowerShell and UNIX Shell scripting skills. Java or Perl experience is desirable.
- Hands-on experience with Oracle/MSSQL performance tuning.
- 3+ years of hands on experience with database monitoring tools is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work under supervision on complex projects
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn and comprehend new concepts
- Demonstrated judgment and decision-making ability with the help of lead/senior DBAs
- Passion for providing excellent customer service
- Consultative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Cross-functional collaboration skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Data warehousing experience is a plus, but is not required.
- Logical & Physical database design experience is a plus.
- Experience with Oracle Exadata and IBM-DB2 is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with Oracle Goldengate is a plus, but not required.
- Experience implementing Snowflake Cloud data warehouse platform services, AWS services including Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, Amazon RedShift, and Amazon Database Migration Service, and S3 is a plus, but not required
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed