Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our Columbus, Ohio client has a contract need for a Database Administrator who will be responsible for designing, implementing, administering and maintaining database technology solutions and the solutions that rely upon them. The DBA must have experience working with application partners to define and satisfy requirements for solutions leveraging database technology. This position will be responsible for creating and maintaining related documentation to enable sustainable support.
The person that accepts this position must have the ability to provide after hours (on-call) support, and maintain a flexible work schedule to accommodate planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
Open to non-local candidates. Team is mostly working remotely but would like the resource come on site for the first few days for onboarding (2-3 days max).
- Years of Experience: 5-10 Years
- The emphasis for this position would be SQL Server. Experience/interest in Oracle and other database technologies would be desirable as the goal is to ensure that DBAs can support multiple technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5 – 7 experience installing, configuring, administering, tuning, and troubleshooting database products and features for various application suites.
- Strong experience, as a Database Administrator, with recent/current versions of MS-SQL and Oracle database technologies running in virtualized server environments including Windows and Linux.
- Experience with database backups, recovery and cloning.
- Experience with performance troubleshooting, including hardware resource contention issues.
- Experience with RAC, AlwaysOn Availability Groups and/or other high availability technologies.
- Experience with application query tuning, including execution plan interpretation and SQL Profiler and/or Extended Events.
- Experience with database server software and patch installations.
- Experience with configuration and support of SQL Replication, Log Shipping, or other data movement technologies. Experience with Oracle DataGuard configuration and administration.
- Experience in T-SQL and PowerShell programming. Experience automating processes utilizing scripting tools (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.).
- Solid SQL and PL/SQL development skills – able to assist and direct application teams when needed.
- Administer Oracle and MS-SQL Databases (plan and perform database upgrades, apply database maintenance, design and maintain physical database layout, perform database reorganizations, design and implement backup and restore strategy, archiving strategy, maintain database security, administer database performance, manage database storage, database problem determination and resolution, etc.).
- Implement and maintain the multiple databases that comprise the overall database technology environment (development, test, training and production).
- Actively participant in complete full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes from design, flowcharting, development, testing, modifying and implementation. This includes ensuring proper integration with other systems.
- Refresh and test environments.
- Provide recommendations for enterprise architecture.
- Participate in peer reviews on specifications, design and code.
- Perform database data validation. Develop and test related routines.
- Provide technical input and assistance in optimal database configuration to maximize system performance and availability.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance and Operations to ensure smooth deployment of high-quality applications.
- Design and implement approaches to improve database performance, capacity, and scalability.
- Work with project teams to plan integration and implementation strategies.
- Provide 24×7 on-call technical support.
- Participate in business requirement gathering meetings to understand all aspects of the business (functionality, processes, technologies). Determine feasibility of requests. Identify best approaches to provide technology solutions to meet business needs. Provide detailed estimates (time, cost, resources). Define technical specifications.
- Provide status reports for related project activity.
- Define standards for physical data storage, maintenance, access and security administration.
- Experience with administration of Teradata or MongoDB solutions.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS, Azure).
- Previous retail industry experience.
- Able to perform root cause analysis and recommend appropriate remedial actions.
- Demonstrably solid written and verbal communication skills to drive projects to successful conclusion.
- Self-motivated with excellent time management and organization skills. Able to acquire new skills autonomously.
- Demonstrated ability to document IT processes and provide knowledge transfer to team members.
- Must be willing and able to work beyond normal work hours to resolve critical system problems and/or perform production system maintenance during emergency situations.
- Proven skills as a team member.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed