Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
The Database Developer in this remote contract-to-hire role is responsible for providing technical consulting on complex projects with the ability to design, develop and implement cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications that are the most complex in nature. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating times and desired results. Responsible for requirements gathering, program design, coding, testing, debugging, documentation and operations support of all systems.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics or related field
- 10+ years of development experience
- 10+ years of SQL Server development skills
- SSAS – SQL Server Analysis Services
- SSRS – SQL Server Reporting Services
- Microsoft development environments (Visual Studio, C#, SQL Management Studio)
- Must have a thorough understanding in systems and data processing policies, practices and procedures
- A thorough understanding in systems analysis and design techniques
- Expert knowledge of the systems development life cycle
- Ability to analyze the most complex applications and systems with minimal supervision
- Strong problem solving skills to determine the effects on existing and new systems
- Excellent business analysis and communications
- Desktop and Server OS (E.g. Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 2003, Windows 2008)
- Azure SQL, DevOps, & Cloud
- Design and build solutions for new and existing software applications
- Gather business requirements for assigned projects
- Test, debug and document code that is developed
- Provides reports to management as required
- Support application developer sprint teams with consultative and DB architectural review of upcoming work items and their impacts on database
- Support existing applications and business partners
- Identify and provide short and long term solutions to resolve departmental pain points
- Support our end-user community with daily issues and work to automate these processes and/or work with app development teams to make business user functions
- Microsoft Dynamics-Great Plains system with general knowledge of GL, AP, AR, HR, Payroll systems and methodologies
- Direct Selling model and incentive plans
- Distribution and Supply Chain Management (SCM) systems and methodologies
- Web Services
- Cloud Computing
- Streaming message/Kafka/kSQL
- eCommerce, CRM, or some other public facing revenue generating environment
- Stressful situations will occur frequently
- Some weekend and after hours work will be required for system problems and scheduled maintenance windows
- Remote working environment
- On Call
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed