A Database Reliability Engineer is needed for a full time remote opportunity with our client. You will work closely with SREs and Engineers to build highly resilient, performant and globally replicated databases. This role will take the lead with schema design, data modeling and query optimization to ensure high application performance.
- Strong expertise and development skills with PostgreSQL. Ability to implement logical replication and active-active replication strategies.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL features like Foreign Data Wrappers, Event Triggers, etc.
- Ability to implement backwards compatible approaches to database migrations.
- Ability to implement and educate teams on database security best practices.
- Experience with Amazon RDS, Aurora, IAM Based authentication. Well versed in database analytics, logging and observability tooling, able to detect anomalies in performance and automatically handle them.
- Ability to work closely with engineering teams and various stakeholders across the business.
- Experience forming and executing disaster recovery plans and reporting on metrics related to those activities.
- Ability to write tooling to automate common DBA processes.
- Design, create and maintain cloud database infrastructure on Amazon Web Services. Build automation around database problems like performance tuning, backups, restores, failover, schema changes and disaster recovery testing.
- Provide a database performance and availability lens on designs and code reviews.
- Implement observability and analytics tooling to help detect performance bottlenecks and prevent issues before they happen.
- Educate other members on the engineering team to be their own DBA with the applications they work with.
- Experience with regulatory regimes such as HIPAA and GDPR
- Experience with event systems like Kafka and RabbitMQ and how they fit with data ingestion.
- Experience with implementing cross-region replication, especially on AWS.
- Intimate knowledge of database engine internals, have the capability to write extensions if needed.
- Knowledge of functional programming languages and philosophy (or existing Clojure chops!).
- Knowledge of other data stores like Elasticsearch, Redis, Graph Databases, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience in a startup environment, or as a fully remote employee – we use Slack and Zoom extensively, and our team is largely comprised of remoters
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed