Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our client is currently seeking a DevOps Leader to fulfill a remote contract-to-hire role. The team provides defect and enhancement run support as well as project build support for all supported business units. The team leverages GCP cloud, Java, and Angular technologies. They also leverage DevSecOps, Site Reliability Engineering practices, and Agile methodologies to ensure deliverables are met for their build and run workstreams.
**Remote – must work EST and CST hours**
- Serves as the technical leader and architect. Responsible for operationalizing each eCommerce storefront as well as the overall platform.
- Responsible for implementation of Site Reliability Engineering across supported business units.
- Lead conversations and drive key decisions as new capabilities are designed and developed within the platform.
- Work closely with build and run teams as well as cross functional client Enterprise IT (EIT) teams to ensure all business requirements are met while also adhering to industry and client EIT standards and best practices for security, performance, and reliability.
- This role will be integrated within Agile teams and will be expected to participate in all Agile ceremonies to ensure tactical and strategic initiatives remain on track for delivery.
- Responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company’s business objectives.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of eCommerce business processes and supporting IT solutions
- Provide technical guidance to managed service partners.
- Participate in code and design planning/reviews to ensure industry standards and best practices are being met
- Process analysis, opportunity assessment, and creation of roadmaps for execution
- Contribute to and lead DevOps environment and have experience with build and deployment tools
- Ability to create roadmaps for automation solutions implementation
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope. Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Must be able to define tasks, milestones, and deliverables that meet stated project objectives
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Excellent communication, analytical presentation skills, problem solving skills and learning attitude
- Creation of strategic roadmaps to guide journey to target state
- Reference architectures and standards definition to guide implementation teams and promote standardization, and enterprise reuse where applicable
- Create supporting documentation to help guide critical decisions on initiatives
- Research, analysis, design, and solutions proposals for business and technologies strategies
- Partner with solution teams on selecting the appropriate solution components that align with company standards while also meeting the requirements of the program
- Partner with shared service teams such as Risk and Security to ensure systems are secure and proper controls are implemented
- Serve as an escalation point for complex functional and technical issues
- Provide end-to-end views on how all components fit together
- “Connecting dots” across various business and technology areas
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of hands-on custom software development and/or application development experience on off-the shelf enterprise applications. Ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Designing, building, deploying, managing, and enhancing custom-built applications Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes including requirement analysis and system design, and/or software engineering principles
- ITIL concepts including Application Build & Run, Incident Management, Change Management, CMDB in Service Now platform
- Excellent understanding of DevSecOps and automation
- End to end solution design experience
- Expert in Agile development, DevSecOps practices, APIs and microservices
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines such as Concourse, Jenkins
- Experience building and deploying containerized application on PCF
- Working experience translating business objectives into Strategic technology plans
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to effectively partner with business leadership and key business stakeholders.
- Strategic mindset and ability to lead with business objectives
- Conceptual knowledge of infrastructure platforms such as operating systems, databases, application servers, cloud.
- Strong understanding of industry trends and relevant emerging technologies
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical users across various domains.
- Perspectives on industry-wide best-practices
- Google Cloud Platform certification is a plus
- Experience with e-commerce is a plus
- Experience in Healthcare industry a plus
- Experience in data analytics and/or data science a plus
- Enterprise or Solution Architecture experience a plus
Client does not provide sponsorship for this opening. Candidates must now and in the future be legally eligible to work in the US for any employer.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed