Our Columbus, Ohio client is seeking a VERY technical DevOps / Release Engineer to maintain code and push into production, working cross-functionally across the best in class engineering organization that has been built and developed in order to ensure the highest class of engineering quality.
- Looking for release expertise
- Will own entire release process, this is a new position
- Will own deployment and tracking
- Manage risk and resolve issues
- Strong test automation
- Looking for around 4 years of experience
You will have access to cutting edge technological tools and have a huge opportunity to impact growth at scale.
Responsibilities will include:
- Own all release deployments, tracking and technical release process and concluding with a fully automated cross-system deployment process with quality built-in including a repeatable and symmetrical staging process prior to production, automation of post-deployment regression tests, leveraging immutable techniques where warranted, and automatic updates to release workflow tracking tools
- Document the release process in detail so other engineers can improve or audit the process
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensures alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Work with Tech Leads to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Experience with emerging DevOps methods and tools, such as Agile/Scrum, continuous integration, automated configuration management, test driven development, and data center/cloud automation
- Extensive experience with continuous integration & deployment
- Expert at release management techniques, Test Driven Development (TDD), Dev Sec Ops
- Experience Atlas Sian suite of products BitBucket/JIRA/Confluence etc.
- Hands-on experience using Azure Dev Ops, TFS, Microsoft Windows Server platforms, including IIS and Windows services.
- Experience with Groovy, Python, Bash, UNIX/Shell scripting and PowerShell scripting
- Experience configuring and using artifact management tools such as: Artifactory, Docker Registry, Python Pip, or Nexxus.
- Experience configuring, using, and maintaining test reporting and static/dynamic code analysis tools such as: SonarQube, Veracode, Valgrind, or Fortify
- Experience working with Experience creating and performing software builds and deployments with Microsoft ASP.NET technologies
- Experience in Application Performance Management – APM tools for monitoring applications in real time and troubleshooting: Splunk, AppDynamics etc.
- Experience in Watir, Ruby, Jenkins, Azure Dev Ops and TFS
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed