Our client is seeking a full time remote Digital Media Workflow Engineer to join their growing engineering team responsible for building and supporting business critical video workflows, systems and video-related cloud solutions. You will work closely with the Media Engineering team to deploy changes to media processing.
- Work independently or in a team to build, deploy and support automated, highly resilient VOD workflow to deliver content to streaming platforms.
- Use requirements and modeling to work with Product Owners to implement smart technology solutions ad tools delivery premium quality audio and video experiences
- Continuously learn, improve, and optimize processes and ways of working
- Manage and maintain cloud-based content delivery and services
- Work closely with vendors and provide them with clear requirements, identify and address bugs.
What the team does:
- Responsible for the automated media pipeline delivering content to streaming platforms.
- Troubleshoots issues arising in the VOD pipeline.
- Configures encoding of video, audio and subtitles for delivery across various platforms/devices.
- Research new technologies in the media space and conduct POCs.
- Collaborates with Operations, player and client teams to drive innovation and improvements in video delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with web technologies, digital video workflow and operations, and digital video technology development
- 3-5 years experience in scripting and coding to support software workflows, especially Python.
- Key understanding of technology principles and work methods (Agile, Scrum, etc.)
- Technical experience with cloud-based technologies, specifically within architecture/infrastructure (AWS)
- 3-5 years experience building VOD video workflows in the cloud and in on-prem/off-prem environments. Cloud development experience is required.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving, debugging and decision-making skills.
- Ability to integrate into a large agile development project and manage rapid development cycles
- Being an analytic problem solver with a strong sense of autonomy, but with an open collaborative approach to getting the job done.
- Interest in promoting an inclusive team culture where engineers of diverse backgrounds can grow
- Committed to quality in every assignment, large or small
- Transparency, selflessness and authenticity
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed