As a Director of Engineering, you will own and lead a development team and be responsible for the development of the client’s Catalog Management Solutions. You will also work closely with other peers/leaders within and outside of the engineering teams.
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
- 10+ years of software engineering or related experience.
- Strong history with taking SAAS products from design to development and into production.
- Deep knowledge of eCommerce and catalog management systems and the ability to translate the users’ needs into reality.
- You have start-up and enterprise development experience and have an eye for speed, efficiency, impact and common sense.
- You will be responsible for providing leadership and development of your teams.
- You can provide strong leadership to ensures a consistent approach of organizational policies and procedures.
- Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots, and debugs software programs for SAAS user model. This includes driving the big vision as it applies to business needs and keeping your development team inspired and on time with the project timeline.
- Apply your extensive knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications.
- Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision future improvements to the architecture.
- Assists in the development of short, medium, and long-term plans to achieve strategic objectives.
- Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met.
- Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills.
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills, a thorough understanding of product development.
- You have experience with Agile methodology and have successfully led efforts to transform teams from using Waterfall to effectively using Agile SCRUM.
- You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, Agile environment, and be excited to learn new technologies, drive innovation and mentor and develop team members.
- You have strong communication skills, analytical skills, and a thorough understanding of SaaS product development.
- You are passionate about developing intuitive and user centric designs and have experience in building consumer facing products.
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed