Our client has a remote contract opportunity for an Editor who will be responsible for the quality, consistency, and integrity of editorial content.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Razor-sharp editing of high-interest feature articles and accompanying test items for grades K–12.
- Editing content for organization, consistency, accuracy, and flow of the text, helping to improve clarity and readability.
- Providing feedback to writers during the editing process, suggesting ways to strengthen the narrative, when needed.
- Ensuring that all content meets our high standards of editorial and instructional excellence, with focus on quality, engagement, and classroom sensitivity.
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- BA/MA in English, journalism, education, or related field
- 2+ years as an editor of materials in K–12 educational publishing or educational technology
- Experience with differentiated text and Lexile levels
- Understanding of appropriate voice, vocabulary, and compositional structure for students across grades and reading levels
- Familiarity with Associated Press and Chicago Manual of Style
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed