We have an exciting direct hire opportunity available for an Engineering Manager who will help grow and develop engineering talent and build an inclusive, high-performing team.
The role will lead the Media Workflow Engineering team, will own and be responsible for developing and managing the media supply chain for VOD workflow.
- 2+ years of experience leading a development team working on VOD distribution, design, architecture and implementation.
- Expertise with media automation workflows in the cloud.
- Expertise with the Software Development Life Cycle, software-based tools and workflows.
- Strong understanding of Media Supply Chain workflows (from content ingestion to content delivery).
- Experience with web technologies, digital video workflow and operations, and digital video technology development.
- Experience in scripting and coding to support software workflows, especially NodeJS or Python a plus.
- Knowledge of cloud VOD transcode and packaging services.
- Ability to integrate into a large agile development project and manage rapid development cycles
- Being an analytic problem solver with a strong sense of autonomy, but with an open collaborative approach to getting the job done.
- Interest in promoting an inclusive team culture where engineers of diverse backgrounds can grow
- Committed to quality in every assignment, large or small
- Transparency, selflessness and authenticity
What the VOD team does:
- Responsible for the automated media pipelining delivering content to several streaming platforms.
- Troubleshoots issues arising in the VOD pipeline.
- Configures encoding of video, audio and subtitles for delivery across various platforms/devices.
- Collaborates with other managers from Video engineering, Operations, player and client teams to drive innovation and improvements in video delivery.
- Works on all aspects of developing a world class VOD workflow with clear objectives, responsibilities, and the right people to execute against their own roadmap.
- Works closely and collaboratively with teams to deliver high quality and highly reliable VOD workflow.
- Drives technical initiatives in partnership with senior engineers across multiple teams, including testing, resiliency and performance.
- Support and lead your team in developing and delivering highly reliable, resilient, and scalable media supply chain workflow for VOD.
- Deliver on product roadmaps, incrementally with a high level of quality
- Drive technical initiatives in partnership with senior engineers across teams
- Provide support during production issues.
- Work closely with vendors to provide requirements for new feature, improving functionality and bugs.
- Constantly search for improvements in process, improve software delivery and operational processes
- Grow the team by attracting diverse talent that can push technical boundaries and where individuals recognize that team success is more important than individual success.
- Support, coach and develop high performing engineers through regular 1:1s, continuous feedback and relationships with others
- Mentor individuals to embrace diversity and help building an inclusive and flexible workplace
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed