The Enterprise Architect Developer is responsible for establishing a technical strategy and roadmap that enables a portfolio to support current and future business capabilities. They drive design, engineering, reuse, application of patterns, and create Enabler Epics for the architectures that comprise the solutions in a portfolio. Relying on continuous feedback, these architects foster adaptive design, and engineering practices, and drive programs and teams to rally around a shared technical vision.
- 7+ years of development experience with C#
- 5+ years of development experience with .NET Core 3.1
- 5+ years of development experience with ReactJS
- Microsoft development environments (Visual Studio, C#, SQL Management Studio)
- Knowledge working on Azure Devops Pipelines
- In depth knowledge of Microservices
- Working knowledge in Docker and Kubernetes
- Cloud Computing experience
- Experience with Unit Testing (XUnit, Codecoverage)
- PCI compliance best practices and methods
- Thorough understanding in systems and data processing policies, practices, and procedures
- Experience working with Kafka or another streaming messenger platform
Essential Job Duties:
The Enterprise Architect is focused primarily on the following types of activities:
- Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management to provide a high-level vision of enterprise solutions and development initiatives
- Assisting the Agile Program and Lean-Agile Center of Excellence to identify and design development value streams
- Helping the value streams adhere to the budget guardrails for retiring solutions
- Participating in the strategy for building and maintaining the architectural runway via Enabler Epics
- Understanding and communicating Strategic Themes, and other business drivers for architecture, to System and Solution Architects and non-technical stakeholders
- Driving architectural initiatives via enabler epics in the Portfolio Kanban system and participating in their analysis where applicable
- Influencing modeling, design, and coding practices
- Promoting Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps capabilities Collecting, generating, and analyzing innovative ideas and technologies to use across the business
- Facilitating the reuse of code, components, and proven patterns
- Synchronizing the following disciplines across Solutions whenever applicable: System and data security and quality, Production infrastructure Solution, user experience (Lean UX), Nonfunctional Requirements (NFRs)
- Pairing with developers, Tech leads, QA and others in the organization to foster learning and growth as it pertains to implementing good practice and technical excellence
- Maintaining architecture information repository and managing the architectural meetings to ensure emergent design meets architectural standards
- Active participant in Agile ceremonies when necessary (Standup, Retro, Sprint Planning, etc.)
- Demo and train peers on solutions at regularly scheduled intervals
- Iteratively keep technical documentation up to date
- Communicate progress and status via the sprint board
- Manage stakeholders as appropriate for their level of expertise while also being able to effectively build consensus with development and technical professionals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, related field or equivalent business experience.
- Computer Science degree or ten to fifteen years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of eight years’ experience in the development of highly transactional, eCommerce or CRM driven environment
- A minimum of five years of technical leadership and/or architecture experience.
- Experienced in mentoring associates with significant technical knowledge, development of professional management and leadership skills.
- Comfortability in leading the translation of business requirements in to well-engineered and integrated technical solutions using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Experience with distributed architecture and migration to distributed architectures.
- Experience in the definition of Enterprise (business and technical) Architecture using best practice Architecture Frameworks.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge of software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Knowledge of a broad range of modern programming languages, platforms and open-source technologies.
- Knowledge of enterprise application integration and Kafka / messaging technologies.
- Knowledge of Unified Modeling Language (UML), Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) and architectural tradeoff analysis.
- Knowledge of mechanisms required for satisfying architectural attributes for a system.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in English
- Knowledge or experience with sales commission-based businesses and/or eCommerce
- Distribution, Supply Chain Management (SCM) systems, ERP and methodologies
- Mobile Device Development
- Typical environment found in software teams migrating to agile methodologies.
- Zoom and Teams meetings typical
- Some weekend and after-hours work will be required for system problems and scheduled maintenance windows
- Limited travel may be required (5% or less)
- On Call
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed