Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us — we are honest, stay true to our word, and work in the best interest of our clients, consultants, and candidates. Many say they work this way, but few actually do. We are a company that does. Additionally, we bring joy to the world of IT staffing and IT recruiting by making the hiring experience memorable, fun, and different.
Find and provide the best talent for clients and excellent career opportunities for consultants and candidates — whom we treat as part of our team. Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our Columbus, Ohio client has a contract need for an Enterprise Solutions Architect who will manage day-to-day operations and staff and work with the offshore vendor teams on the planning, requirements gathering, design, and testing of application enhancements / modifications for the following applications:
- Custom Permissions application
- Commercial, Off the shelf Rights & Royalty application
- Commercial, Off the shelf Product (Oracle PDH / MDM) application
The Solutions Architect will provide functional and application expertise among a team of business solution analysts and functional solution architects to provide solutions to diverse problems for business units professionals.
- Conduct reviews and analysis of business and information technology processes and solicit client requirements through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures
- Identify customer requirements, write functional designs, review functional designs with end-user for user acceptance/approval
- Determine underlying issues to common business problems and use appropriate influencing, negotiation, and change management techniques to implement best practice solutions.
- Responsible for the quality of the solution delivered and ensuring it meets the business requirements and expectations
- Responsible for defining and communicating the process and organizational impacts of the new technology solution
- Liaison between the project and other GTS and business unit organizations.
- Responsible for ensuring other departments that may be impacted by the project are informed, expectations are set, etc.
- May be asked to assist in the evaluation / selection of implementation services providers
- May be asked to review / approve the technical solution architectures on assigned projects.
- May be asked to validate the proposed architectures fit within the client’s standards and enterprise application strategy.
- Responsible for daily management and operation of critical Product (MDM), Global Permissions, Rights and Royalty applications in the back office landscape.
- Interface with the business and set and manage the vision (roadmap) for these critical applications.
- With the vision (roadmap) set, the role will also be responsible for executing the roadmap through various enhancement or project requests.
- The role will also be responsible for management and oversight of both internal and external IT personnel.
- 50%: Project Oversight & Delivery
- Work with the Business Leadership to identify strategic business needs, high level requirements, potential technology solutions and business benefits for enterprise application projects.
- Work with client leadership and project managers to develop a high level scope, budget, project plan, resource plan, etc.
- Work with the business units to define business case for approval and funding as appropriate.
- Work with client leadership and project management to define the overall scope, detailed timeline, budget, resource requirements, etc…based on guidelines provided from the executive team
- Work with project managers to define, communicate and manage Risk Plans, Communication Plans, etc.
- Work with the business teams to understand organizational & business process change management impacts due to the new technology solutions
- Develop use cases and test scripts and validate with user community and develop test schedules
- Review testing plans and track/document the development and results of these plans working with onsite and offshore development teams
- Facilitate user acceptance testing; track quality metrics for SLA purposes.
- Responsible for successful delivery of projects associated with Rights & Royalty applications (on time and on budget)
- 25%: Vendor Management
- Work with the offshore vendor teams on requirements documentation, functional design, assembly testing, and User Acceptance Testing of enhancements/upgrades to related applications
- Oversee Service Level Agreement (SLA) as defined in contract/statement of work
- Define and manage vendor metrics for use in SLAs
- Ensure SLA compliance with contract
- Leverage SLAs to improve quality and cost effectiveness across vendor services
- Monitor vendor effectiveness and develop best practices
- Evaluate and provide vendor contributions and business value
- Validate and manage vendor invoices
- 20%: Staff Management
- Provide mentoring to GTS staff members reporting to you
- Perform mid-year and year end performance reviews
- Lead in developing the vision for the application.
- Must be able to coach a team in analysis, design, development, testing and implementation.
- Reports progress and status toward department goals in a timely and effective manner.
- Establish Domain expertise in all the relevant back office systems as needed to support project initiatives
- Promote knowledge sharing of best practices across the Global Technology Solutions organization
- Utilize project management processes and methodologies for IT that ensure projects are delivered on-time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards, and meet the customer’s expectations
- May be required to deliver project implementation from ‘cradle to grave’.
- May be required to perform some hardware planning in addition to software application development
- May be required to perform software evaluations
- Serve as a liaison to the user community and facilitate the demand intake and prioritization process
- Conduct team member performance reviews
- Evaluate new Software as appropriate
- Successfully work with developers in an onsite and offshore business model.
- Coordinate functional changes across the many divisions.
- Document requirements via industry standard analysis techniques such as data flow modeling, workflow analysis, and functional decomposition analysis.
- Staff size is 12-15 team members consisting of staff (4) and vendor resources.
- Degree in Management Information Systems / Computer Science (or equivalent), MBA is desirable
- Minimum 8-10 yrs of experience implementing Enterprise Business Systems in large global organizations
- Multiple years of working in a custom development environment is required.
- Thorough understanding of Agile Software Development Lifecycles (and testing methodologies), preferably working in Offshore/Outsourcing development and support models.
- Experience working with on premise, custom, and cloud based application technologies is required.
- Experience with Oracle Product Hub is a differentiator.
- Experience with and working knowledge of multiple database technologies (ie SQL Server or Oracle) in a custom development environment is required.
- Experience with and working knowledge of multiple application architectures (like J2EE or .NET) in a custom development environment is required.
- Experience with and working knowledge of web application server technologies (like Apache Tomcat, Apache Solr, etc) in a custom development environment is required.
- Experience with and working knowledge of integration technologies (like Informatica ETL, SOA services, REST, etc) in a custom development environment is required.
Candidate must demonstrate:
- Proven track record of successfully aligning technology around strategic business goals in large global organizations
- Proven track record of delivering enterprise class solutions across a broad range of business processes
- Knowledge of a broad range of business processes with understanding of impacts to financial processes
- Proven analytical, decision making & judgment skills, leadership, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to work with diverse groups of people in challenging and complex endeavors, as demonstrated by successful team experience.
- Proven ability to work directly and communicate effectively with all levels and groups across the organization and provide useful information and explanations about technical issues in a complete, accurate, and understandable manner.
- Ability to manage and direct internal and external resources in a changing environment, e.g., reassign priorities, alter direction, and re-allocate resources.
- Ability to train and develop staff, estimate personnel needs, assign work, meet completion dates, interpret and ensure consistent application of organizational policies.
- Strong interpersonal as well as written and spoken communication skills are essential.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving ability are essential.
- Experience migrating on premise applications to cloud based infrastructure is highly desirable as one or more applications is scheduled for migration to the cloud in the current roadmap.
- Oracle Cloud experience preferred.
- Thorough understanding of data modeling techniques & master data management principles is highly desirable.
- Thorough understanding of data governance practices and principles is highly desirable
- Background in reconciliation and audit practices and principles is highly desirable
- Prior Tier 1 Consulting experience is highly desirable.
- Background in the Publishing or Media & Entertainment industry (or similar) is desirable.
- Background in Product Development or Product Engineering processes (specifically around product introduction and maintenance, permissions, rights acquisition, and royalty tracking, calculation, and payment processes) is desirable.
- Project Management experience and thorough understanding of project management techniques are a plus.
- Experience in creating and implementing business processes is a plus.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Tucson, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX, and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
We do our jobs in a way that brings delight every day to our clients and the people who work with us. Life is simply too short to grind through every day as a small cog in a huge recruiting machine. As a young and high energy company, we aim to help consultants and candidates land fulfilling jobs that offer real career growth.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed