Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our Cincinnati, Ohio client has a contract-to-hire opportunity available for a hybrid remote/onsite Full Stack Java / Angular Developer who will develop new, compelling user functionality within existing software system. Building on a previous release of minimum viable product, users and key stakeholders are looking for further extensions to existing code as well as support for some entirely new use cases.
This person will fill a technical leadership role on a small core development team and report directly to the Development Manager.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in software development
- Excellent communication and customer interaction skills
- Ability to lead groups in discussions (in person or remote)
- Work closely with another international development team for integrating functionalities into a broader system.
- Most of this person’s day (about 90%) will be analyzing, designing, programming, debugging and modifying software enhancements and/or new products. The remainder of their day will be spent interacting with product managers and users to define system requirements, as well as participating in software design meetings.
- Collaborate with management, departments and customers to identify end-user requirements and specifications.
- Design algorithms and flowcharts to create new software programs and systems.
- Produce efficient and elegant code based on requirements.
- Test and deploy programs and applications.
- Troubleshoot, debug, maintain and improve existing software.
- Compile and assess user feedback to improve software performance.
- Observe user feedback to recommend improvements to existing software products.
- Develop technical documentation to guide future software development projects.
- Technical Skills
- AngularJS, Bootstrap
- Charting libraries (Chart.js, Highcharts, etc…)
- Business process diagramming (BPMN.io / bpmn-js)
- Java development / Tomcat
- Database persistence frameworks (i.e. MyBatis)
- SQL for relational databases (MySQL or equivalent)
- Git for source code management
- Eclipse, Visual Studio Code
- Jersey, JSON, REST
- Ability to work collaboratively with other developers in the US Eastern time zone
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Background in business process modeling (BPMN)
- Familiarity and experience with modern web-based client software technologies
- Experience using Polarion for application lifecycle management
- Ability to collaborate with team members using Microsoft Teams
- Agile certification is desired
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
We do our jobs in a way that brings delight every day to our clients and the people who work with us. Life is simply too short to grind through every day as a small cog in a huge recruiting machine. As a young and high energy company, we aim to help consultants and candidates land fulfilling jobs that offer real career growth.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed