Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us — we are honest, stay true to our word, and work in the best interest of our clients, consultants, and candidates. Many say they work this way, but few actually do. We are a company that does. Additionally, we bring joy to the world of IT staffing and IT recruiting by making the hiring experience memorable, fun, and different.
Find and provide the best talent for clients and excellent career opportunities for consultants and candidates — whom we treat as part of our team. Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our client is seeking a GoLang Developer for an immediate contract-to-hire opening. This Columbus, Ohio company is fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place for you.
Key Role Deliverables:
- You will be part of a Platform Team that shares the same passion for technology and doing the right thing for the customer as you do.
- Responsible for delivering code that is bug free, portable and scalable.
- Attention to detail is a huge factor as you build in an Agile, Microservices architecture.
- Must be able to work remotely with very little oversight and supervision.
- Velocity is a key to making sure the company is able to meet its committed deliverables.
- Design and implement microservices in GoLang that meet business requirements
- Design and implement unit testable code that are highly maintainable
- Participate in the Scrum ceremonies
- Work closely with the Team Leads to assure requirements are understood and met
- Collaborate with both internal and external UI/backend engineers to shape and define API contracts
- Communicate and suggest new ideas and designs in both written and verbal formats
- Risk management and proactive implementation of changes to avoid outages
- Ensure there is comprehensive documentation covering all aspects of the functionality and operation of the components you are responsible for
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- 3-4 years of experience developing scalable back end solutions using GoLang, Java, or Scala
- 4-year degree in Information Systems or an equivalent combination of course work and job experience
- Experience in building event driven microservices
- Hands on experience with Enterprise DevOps practices
- Experience in operational stability, technical hygiene strategies and techniques
- Must possess strong debugging skills
- Should be self-starter and proactive in identifying and fixing issues
- Agile development using continuous integration/continuous delivery
- DevOps practices
- Ability to work on multiple tasks in parallel
- Proven experience identifying and communicating engineering best practices
- The successful candidate will be an ambitious GoLang technologist with a proven track record in delivering outstanding solutions that provide significant business value with sustainable long-term gains.
- The role requires development expertise, good problem-solving skills along with strong analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Excellent communications skills (both written and oral) are paramount as well as the ability to work across teams in different geographies and time zones. Must feel comfortable in a fast paced, Agile working environment.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Background in building production-ready SaaS applications
- Cloud technology experience
- Delivery Agent
- Experience working with containers (Docker etc.)
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
We do our jobs in a way that brings delight every day to our clients and the people who work with us. Life is simply too short to grind through every day as a small cog in a huge recruiting machine. As a young and high energy company, we aim to help consultants and candidates land fulfilling jobs that offer real career growth.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed