Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
As a Guidewire Developer with our Columbus, Ohio client, you will leverage your Guidewire and coding skills to transition into a role as an Infrastructure Engineer. Working side by side with a team of engineers, you will work to automate the deployment of PolicyCenter, BillingCenter, and ContactManger using various tools including but not limited to Jenkins, Docker, Linux, Tomcat and Git.
Pair-programming and independent work assignments techniques will be employed to assist your transition to this new role. The position is 100% in the infrastructure space and will not include any Guidewire application configuration.
Guidewire Technical Skills:
- Certified Guidewire developer with at least five years of Guidewire (GW) development and configuration experience in PolicyCenter and BillingCenter.
- Experience with GW V10 a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of GOSU and Java coding following Object-Oriented coding best practices.
- Java certified developer a plus.
- Experience/certifications in other coding languages especially Golang is a plus.
- Guidewire experience with APIs & Integrations including an ESB.
- Two or more years’ experience working SQL server databases.
- Two or more years’ experience with deploying GW on Linux.
- Experienced with command line Git and GitHub and/or GitLab.
- Experience with SoapUI.
- Experience with PlugIns.
Any experiences in these areas are a plus:
- Familiarity and facility with Linux: Demonstrated ability to manage Linux dependencies
- Familiarity or aptitude for using package managers required
- Strongly prefer candidates with experience or the needed knowledge to compile packages from source
- Strongly prefer candidates familiar with common Linux dependencies and capable with build tools (compilers, linkers, etc).
- Demonstrated ability or aptitude to administer a system required
- Ideal candidates can do the following sorts of things from the command line:
- Determine free disk space
- Determine current load on a host…
- Familiarity with Docker strongly preferred
- We are looking for candidates that conceptually understand Docker and are capable of learning how to interact with it on the command line
- Ideally a candidate can work with images and containers from the command line and demonstrates deep experience and understanding related to
- Images, Containers, Registries, Dockerfiles, Compose and swarm
- – Clean coding practices strongly preferred
- Experience/Dedication to Test-Driven Development or Acceptance Test-Driven Development
- Skills for managing and maintaining code
- Understands good software practices and can explain good, better, and even better ways to do things
- Knows how to improve code incrementally
- Knowledge of Patterns and Antipatterns in development
- Experience with monitoring and instrumentation
- Experienced with Plugin Development
- Jenkins Plugin development experience strongly valued
- Previous experience and demonstrated knowledge of Java, the Java ecosystem and the JVM
- Maven and Gradle experience wanted
- Knowledge of Heap Tuning is frequently needed on the job
- Ability and Experience regarding JMX and analyzing thread dumps
- Experience with log4j a plus
We are also welcoming of candidates that are capable of interviewing after in depth study and prove that they understand the concepts and are technically capable to:
- Use Docker from the command line
- Work with running containers from the command line
- Conceive of and create Docker related scripts
- Experience with scripting and automation
- Proven ability or aptitude to automate and instrument deployments
- Familiarity and experience with development
- At home in an Integrated Development Environment
- Backend Development Ability/Experience
- Proven ability to work with REST and SOAP
- Familiarity with service calls and parsing responses
- Ability to work with serialized data and construct and parse service calls
- Proven ability to debug
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed