Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us — we are honest, stay true to our word, and work in the best interest of our clients, consultants, and candidates. Many say they work this way, but few actually do. We are a company that does. Additionally, we bring joy to the world of IT staffing and IT recruiting by making the hiring experience memorable, fun, and different.
Find and provide the best talent for clients and excellent career opportunities for consultants and candidates — whom we treat as part of our team. Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our client has a contract need for a Histotechnician to support the functions of TDx Laboratory Operations or other client histology laboratories in the performance of routine and advanced histotechniques.
- Routine histotechniques such as grossing, processing tissue, embedding, microtomy and/or cryotomy, H&E staining, coverslipping, IHC and ISH using client platforms.
- Maintaining lab records and equipment.
- Validation of new lots of antibody and detection kits
- Dilute antibodies
- Validation of new control material
- Maintains quality by controlling tissues, fixative, slides and stains; prepares stains, buffers and reagents.
- Read, analyze, and interpret Operating Procedures, instructions, technical procedures.
- Maintain QC/QA data records.
Skills / Experience:
- At least 3 years experience as a histotechnician or histotechnologist working in a laboratory where histotechniques are being used.
- Biggest emphasis: Skilled in microtomy (quality and speed).
- Experienced in routine histotechniques.
- Experienced performing IHC, control material selection and validation.
- Experienced in making antibody dilutions, validation of new lots of antibodies and detection kits.
- Develop new antibody protocols in accordance with CLIA and CAP requirements.
- Ability to access stained control material for relevance to biomarker.
- Understanding of CAP compliance.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Computer Skills: Proficient at Microsoft Office, and use of email.
- Additional Skills: Staining, Training
- Minimum degree required: Associate Degree
- Current HT or HTL (ASCP) certification.
- Evidence that the individual is enrolled in the Certificate Maintenance Program (if applicable) and is continuing education in the field of histology, immunochemistry and in situ-hybridization.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Tucson, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
We do our jobs in a way that brings delight every day to our clients and the people who work with us. Life is simply too short to grind through every day as a small cog in a huge recruiting machine. As a young and high energy company, we aim to help consultants and candidates land fulfilling jobs that offer real career growth.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed