The Infrastructure Architect will coordinate the infrastructure selection, development, and integration for our Columbus, Ohio client. This position will support internal and external teams to develop Infrastructure and Integration strategies, understand requirements, architecting, designing, integrations, solutions, and deployments. The candidate will participate in the ERP initiative, Integration, and Cloud Strategy as well as other IT tool selection processes. They will play a key role on teams to support company-wide IT Infrastructure strategy and support.
- Bachelor’s degree related to Information Technology or related field of study.
- Five+ years in strategic IT roles related to infrastructure and capacity such as analyst and architect.
- Responsible for envisioning, owning, executing, and maintaining the infrastructure roadmap for the company including servers, networks, and end user computing environments.
- Developing high level frameworks that align an organization’s IT infrastructure with business processes/data to improve the efficiency and productivity of business operations.
- Coordinate between business leaders, IT leaders, and PMO to socialize and advocate for the infrastructure roadmap.
- Work with the Director and VP of infrastructure on planning and budgeting.
- Design and implement systems to support the enterprise infrastructure of the organization.
- Ensure that all systems are working at optimal levels and support the development of new technologies and system requirements.
- Responsible for analyzing, architecting, estimating implementation costs and timing and provides leadership for technology selection for an integrated systems environment.
- Mapping the relationships between technology components (i.e., end users, business processes, applications, data, IT platform hardware/software and networks.)
- Identifying key interactions and dependencies across separate systems and platforms.
- Provide technical leadership to teams by providing architecture and design recommendations for new technology to improve system efficiency, resolve performance issues, capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues.
- Evaluating the total cost of ownership and return on investment of various architecture alternatives.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining systems and integration architecture standards.
- Work with all IT teams to architect and deploy business solutions that support full utilization of all third-party integrated systems based on multiple technology platforms.
- Managing the integration of cloud and on-prem environments with Azure being the preferred cloud platform.
- Working with an integration platform such as Dell Boomi, Informatica, MuleSoft, and others. Specifically integrating systems together in real time and batch.
- Ensure technology design and integration documentation is maintained and improved over time.
- Design for optimal systems utilization and performance.
- Liaison to third party Software, Platform, Hosting, and Applications providers for understanding of the providers Roadmap and Release schedules to coordinate internal acceptance plans for releases.
- Responsible for evaluation, selection, and maintenance of middleware/integration platforms in conjunction with the Enterprise Architect.
- Based on knowledge of technology, recommend alternative technologies or improvements to enhance systems to support organizational goals. These recommendations are presented clearly and understandably to senior management.
- Infrastructure Architects must create detailed plans for the integration of new systems architecture into existing infrastructure. This includes logistical plans for the operations areas to conduct the physical integrations, during which the Infrastructure Architect provides technical direction and support.
- After a new system has been integrated, the Infrastructure Architect participates in evaluating the success of the project, identifying best practices and lessons learned. Provide feedback to leadership and incorporate this information into future integration plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience implementing/developing within ERP (SAP preferred, but not required) is optimal.
- Strong analytical, project management, and interpersonal/communication skills required.
- Demonstrated expertise in modeling and documenting business processes (i.e., As-Is, To-Be).
- Expert understanding toolsets utilizing cloud-based platforms including ERP.
- Integration platform knowledge for moving data between systems and applications including the utilization of middleware, web services and APIs provided by cloud solution providers.
- Ability to lead team discussions, solicit input, and facilitate decisions in a professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task and organize effectively to meet users’ expectations while working as part of a larger team.
- Project management concepts.
- Great organization and time management skills with the desire to complete projects on time.
- Possess the ability to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to bring innovative ideas forward for review and approval.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed