Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Find and provide the best talent for clients and excellent career opportunities for consultants and candidates — whom we treat as part of our team. Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
As a senior Infrastructure Engineer you will be working in a challenging environment, supporting the business in day-to-day operations, as well as facilitating business changes. The primary responsibility of this position is to develop, maintain, continuously improve, and support both internal and client-facing IT infrastructure, including servers, storage, networks, and AWS environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5+ years of Infrastructure engineer experience in delivering Infrastructure needs in an Agile software development methodology
- Provide the technological foundation for the organization’s day-to-day operations
- Minimizing IT outages requires constant upkeep of the network infrastructure.
- Handle updates, upgrades, and other maintenance tasks in both hardware and software areas
- Look for ways to make the network and infrastructure more efficient, cost-effective, and secure
- Partnering with core infrastructure team to bring best practices into the platform
- Managing infrastructure within Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2 and RDS
- Creating user and IAM accounts to ensure system security by careful allocation of least privilege permissions
- Creating a backup and recovery strategy for databases, and regularly testing the backups to ensure usability
- Monitoring database systems and related applications.
- Creating reports by querying from database (as per need)
- Monitoring and optimizing the database’s performance using either manual or automated tools
- Establish a microservices plan with regard to data services
- Set up integration environments, and provision databases for new projects.
- Continuously monitor and optimize performance
- Plan for downtime and high availability using multiple data center disaster recovery capabilities.
- Manage/support SSRS in a multi-tier architecture.
- Triaging and resolving production issues as per SLA’s
- Planning for and allocating the database system’s physical requirements, such as memory, disk space, network requirements, etc.
- Partnering with product teams to build new CI/CD tools techniques to automate build/deploy pipeline
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages
- Knowledgeable of microservice patterns, 12 factor applications, and Platform as a Service offerings
- Experience with monitoring tools such as ELK, New Relic, and Matomo
- Security focused (Authentication and Authorization services experience)
- Proficient with database queries and design
- Proficient in Scripting Languages like Microsoft PowerShell, python, and Unix Shell Scripting
- Proficient with database platforms like MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL
- Experience with Apache Kafka and Qlik Attunity Replicate
- Experience and proficiency with declarative infrastructure as code tooling like terraform and AWS Cloud Formation Templates
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible…
- Knowledge of IAM Solutions (Keycloak)
- Knowledge of ingress and egress network patterns including firewalls, load balancers, reverse proxies, and AWS Load Balancer offerings
- Experience working with AWS service offerings like: API Gateways, Lambda, SNS, SQS, S3, EC2, and RDS
- CI/CD – Jenkins, Concourse, Nexus, GitHub/Git
- Experience with containers and Docker
- Comfortable working with open-source technologies
Non – Technical Skills
- Ability to work with peer groups, customers and suppliers to understand needs and requirements
- Good verbal and written communications
- Team Player – Ability to work well with team members to achieve the desired results and outcomes
- Driven and self-motivated to learn new technologies and achieve objectives
- Ability to work independently and multitask
- Good organization skills
- Committed to meet internal and external customer expectations
Client does not provide sponsorship for this opening. Candidates must now and in the future be legally eligible to work in the US for any employer.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Tucson, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX, and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
We do our jobs in a way that brings delight every day to our clients and the people who work with us. Life is simply too short to grind through every day as a small cog in a huge recruiting machine. As a young and high energy company, we aim to help consultants and candidates land fulfilling jobs that offer real career growth.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed