IT Security Auditor – Remote | 948046
Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our client has a remote contract opportunity for an IT Security Auditor who helps lead the efforts to ensure the client has a comprehensive, world-class implementation of information security. You will help innovate an information security practice responsible for governance, risk, and compliance that makes it easy to do the right thing while enabling the unique, associate empowered culture.
- The Information Security Lead Auditor will assist the Audit Manager in the assessment of information security controls and audit of the company, including the integration of security perspectives into strategic planning, issue identification, and remediation activities.
- This position will be continually learning from industry resources and real-world experience and improving the client information security audit and governance practices.
- They will help to build out client’s strategic goals and objectives and help drive them to completion which will include navigating other priorities, goals, and helping educate others on what security means to them.
What You’ll Do:
The Information Security Lead Auditor position encompasses a number of responsibilities, including the following tasks related to IS Audit:
- Champion a culture of security for risk reduction and business enablement through proactive IT controls and audit training and the dissemination of policies and procedures.
- Identify key controls that ensure client’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, contractual requirements, and policies to minimize risk and coordinate resolution of gaps when discovered
- Serve as information security SME during customer quality assessments and IT security audits.
- Document Information Security Audit policies and procedures
- Utilize problem-solving skills to recommend improvements to processes under audit.
- Complete customer security questionnaires
- Assists with the execution and maintenance of annual SOC2, SOX, and HIPAA audits
- Managing the evidence of adherence to regulatory requirements for internal and external inspection.
- Develop cross-organizational relationships.
- Educate and assist our associates in understanding information security
- Collaborate with technology teams to establish and document IT controls
- Maintain IT control and issue documentation within GRC tool
- Assist business partners in planning appropriate responses to identified control deficiencies
- Drive action, monitor, and report on the progress of security issue remediation activities
- Promote a “security is everyone’s responsibility” culture
- Mentor others in client on information security principles and practices
- Actively promote continuous improvement across the company
- Strategic thinker, able to understand and help architect technology and business processes, and maintain a business and customer focus
- High level of written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Consensus builder, able to move both technical and non-technical people to action
- Passionate about continuous learning and certification in industry best practices
- Ability to work and thrive in a highly creative, collaborative, and dynamic environment
- Experience with SOX, SOC, and HIPAA controls
- Experience reviewing and applying the NIST cybersecurity framework.
- Four-year technical degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 6 years IT audit experience
- Relevant certifications (e.g., CIA, CISA, CISSP, CRISC, PMP) or progress toward becoming certified
- Healthcare Industry experience a plus
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed