Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
The IT Steering Analyst in this contract opening in Columbus, Ohio tracks, governs, and steers financial and process-related concerns of an IT department or region. The role is responsible for one or many of the following: request management, service level management, strategic alignment, KPI management, and budget/forecast management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or certifications.
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in Information Technology or related line of business with:
- at least 2+ years in a mid-level business or IT role, and
- 2+ years specializing in IT or Business Planning, Project, Product or Program Management
- 1+ years working in the defined scope area [Budget, Headcount, Audit, etc.]
- Candidates must be experts in summarizing and analyzing that data for managers and senior managers to clearly understand status and make strategic decisions.
- Looking for a technically minded BA, or a Systems Analyst
- Requirements gathering proficiency and attention to detail a must
- Excellent communication and organization skills are key
- Development background not required; familiarity with Windows and SQL (user setup and security) is a bonus
- Need to have a willingness to learn about a variety of systems to gather requirements to enable successful solution rollout on application infrastructure
- Familiarity with Privileged Access Management Systems is a plus
- Must have the ability to participate in early-morning meetings (held online; weekly cadence).
- Gathering, analyzing, and consolidating complex data.
- Contributes to department goals by harmonizing quantitative results with an eye for accuracy with local and global finance, accounting, and governance functions.
- Steers processes from one or more of the scoped areas including financial, headcount, resource, product catalogue assignment, audit, risk, compliance, and/or vendor management related activities for the Regional Group / Department
- Coordinates key business-facing IT processes including: request management, project planning/forecasting, SLA and KPI Management, BIA management
- Manages and executes IT vendor relations within the framework of globally agreed sourcing contracts; drives and supports the creation of relevant contracts for local vendor relations together with Controlling, Legal and purchasing
- Supports long-range planning, financing, reporting and forecasting processes for the assigned areas of responsibility
- Performs analysis necessary to complete and report on the results within scope of responsibility
- Drives intervention and management action where analysis exposes weaknesses within the defined scope
- Ensures that forecasting data maintained in the Americas region and central/local controlling is accurate and appropriately synchronized
- Conducts monthly reviews with Department Management ensuring that the latest information is reflected in monthly reporting
- Interacts extensively with the controllers in the Americas Region and those of other departments
- Creates coherent data structures and communicates expectations in close cooperation with partners in the Departments and Region
- Designs processes with durable and persistent data sources and transparent reporting with minimal drag on the business of producing, selling, and financing cars; developing and operating IT solutions
- Challenges local processes which conflict with the goal above
- Seeks, evaluates, and actively implements planning and steering solutions that provide efficiency, transparency, and effective user experiences to the business and IT stakeholders and partners locally, regionally and globally
- Improves and evaluates detailed financial, audit, reporting, or KPI collateral with internal business partners daily
- Creates and discusses detailed analyses with senior management often
- Negotiates scope with vendors regarding IT project deliverables often
- Shares collateral with internal/external audit regularly
- Conducts firm but respectful and solution-oriented conversations with local and central controlling functions daily
- Communicates with IT vendors to facilitate and steer negotiations of contract and purchasing conditions in collaboration with Legal and Purchasing
- Work with multinational development and rollout teams to facilitate successful implementation of an enterprise security enhancement project
- 3+ years of experience in vendor management relations
- 3+ years of knowledge of SAP Financials, Controlling and Procurement modules.
- Microsoft Office with proficiency using Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups) as proven through business application
- General Accounting/Financial skills
- Strong organizational skills with experience multi-tasking across assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Superior problem-solving skills and developing resourceful and creative solutions.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed