Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us.
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
As a Java Developer with our Columbus, Ohio client, you will be focused on delivering projects for various business units, as well as providing support for client applications as required. Works in partnership with business representatives (e.g. product owner, application manager) to ensure ongoing alignment and value to the customer.
- Participates in the identification and development of minimum viable product by understanding business needs and reacting flexibly to changing demands.
- Understands how architectural components can be used to improve flexibility and reuse.
- Tracks and addresses issues that may impact solution quality to right-size testing and quality efforts.
- Independently adheres to established UX principles and standards.
- Proactively seeks information to understand the digital customer’s UX needs.
- Designs and builds solutions to meet availability, resiliency, and scalability requirements.
- Considers business needs and designs solutions to ensure desired business impact.
- Shifts priorities or changes style as needed to deal with changing demands.
- Complies with application integration policies, standards, and requirements.
- Identifies the implications of enterprise architecture and integration on solution design.
- Diligently follows policies for secure code development and engages in secure coding practices.
- Works to increase understanding of infrastructure and its impact on software projects.
- Works within guidelines and parameters to implement modern architectural components.
- Sets daily priorities in a way that supports the team’s overall project plan.
- Provides suggestions and feedback on how to improve processes.
- Engages appropriate stakeholders for input, stage gates, reviews, and approvals as necessary.
- Tracks, reports, and manages any concerns and risks that may affect the team’s ability to achieve project outcomes (e.g., scope, budget, timeline).
- Understands how his or her role can support and add value to the workflow of other team members and functions.
- Exhibits empathy when making decisions that have implications for other team members or functions.
- Works effectively with others to solve challenges. Communicates proactively and effectively to managers and colleagues at the right intervals.
- Effectively communicates technical topics in business-friendly terms.
- Proactively seeks guidance about secure coding practices when unsure about security rules and regulations.
- Proactively identifies security risks that need to be managed
- Understands security principles to make sound decisions in the absence of specific guidelines
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology or Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience
- Three plus years hands-on experience in modern software development environments developing mission-critical software
- Tools: Git
- Practices: Agile, test-driven development
- Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly comprehend new concepts
- Demonstrated strong judgment and decision-making ability
- Passion and ability in providing excellent customer service
- Demonstrated strong logical and technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent skills and considerable experience with analyzing requirements
- Ability to develop accurate estimates and assist other team members with the estimation process
- Experience in interfacing with business users
- Availability to participate in an on-call support rotation of a 24/7/365 environment.
Nice to Have:
- Infrastructure: AWS (S3, CloudFront, Lambda, DynamoDB)
- Frameworks: React, .NET, Grails
- Tools: GraphQL, Jenkins
The candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S. without an employer-sponsored visa
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Tucson, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX, and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
We do our jobs in a way that brings delight every day to our clients and the people who work with us. Life is simply too short to grind through every day as a small cog in a huge recruiting machine. As a young and high energy company, we aim to help consultants and candidates land fulfilling jobs that offer real career growth.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed