Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our Columbus, Ohio client is seeking a Java Developer who will be supporting an Expert Site Recommendations project. Agile Scrum standups are done in the mornings that include the entire project team – will need the resource to be in EST or CST time zone.
- Years of Experience: 10+ Years
- Required experience: Java language + springboard frame for microservers
- The ideal candidate will have eComm development experience (will help to understand transactions)
- AWS Cloud to manager workload – good to have experience/understanding of this
- Follows company software development lifecycle to design, code, configure, test, debug, and document system and application programs.
- Assists in preparing technical design specifications based on functional requirements and analysis documents.
- Reviews functional requirements, analysis and design documents and provides feedback.
- Collaborates with other development staff to achieve quality and consistency. Participates in architecture, design and code reviews.
- Develops and maintains operational and system level documentation.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Work with the products team to translate functional specifications into technical requirements and associated code development.
- Participate in scrum meetings and provide development status.
- Enhance out-of-box eCommerce Framework components to suit eCommerce needs.
- Provide estimates for technical requirements.
- Perform Code reviews.
- Resolve Production issues in a timely manner to minimize impact.
- Perform requirements analysis and create gap analysis.
- Interact with cross functional teams to deliver functional requirements.
- Design and develop solutions to fix identified problems.
- Identify root causes of technical issues in production and out-of-box failures.
- Implement best programming practices in software engineering.
- Develop code updates to fix reported defects.
- Develop defect free software to accomplish engineering and organization mission.
- Develop tools to improve the efficiency from eCommerce operation team.
- Re-architect the Product Information System for Express eCommerce business.
- Work in an agile development environment, including test-driven development.
- Performance-tune and troubleshoot medium- to large-scale web applications.
- Code within existing CMS/eCommerce framework software.
- Identify new technologies to solve new or existing problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Applications, or a related field plus 5 years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience in the field.
- 5 years of experience working with application development teams
- 5 years of experience developing software design patterns and performing functional programming and object oriented programming.
- 5 years of experience performance tuning and troubleshooting medium- to large-scale web applications.
- 5 years of experience working with Java programming language.
- 5 years of experience with Spring framework.
- 5 years of experience with Maven and/or Ant.
- 5 years of experience with Rest API development.
- 5 years of experience with SOAP Web Services.
- 5 years of experience with relational database concepts like SQL, indexes and constraints, transactions, and object-relational mapping.
- 3 years of experience working in an agile development environment, including test-driven development.
- 3 years of experience coding with a CMS/eCommerce framework software.
- 3 years of experience with Micro Services.
- 3 years of experience with JMS and Pub-Sub Patterns.
- 3 years of experience with HTML, CSS,
- Experience working with cloud technologies like AWS.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed