Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Find and provide the best talent for clients and excellent career opportunities for consultants and candidates — whom we treat as part of our team. Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
A Java Developer contractor is needed in Columbus, Ohio who thrives working on high performing teams, collaborating with team members and improving our client’s ability to deliver.
**Currently 100% remote work due to COVID; in future will have option to work remote 1-2 days a week (at manager discretion).
- Data modeling / Databases
- Responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company’s business objectives.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- You are able to co-locate with the development team if needed
- You have a passion and proven track record for creating robust, scalable applications.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- RESTful Web Services
- Root Cause Analysis
- B2B Software
- Education: Bachelors Degree Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in related field preferred
- Working knowledge of two or more technologies preferred
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Tucson, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX, and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
We do our jobs in a way that brings delight every day to our clients and the people who work with us. Life is simply too short to grind through every day as a small cog in a huge recruiting machine. As a young and high energy company, we aim to help consultants and candidates land fulfilling jobs that offer real career growth.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed