Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us — we are honest, stay true to our word, and work in the best interest of our clients, consultants, and candidates. Many say they work this way, but few actually do. We are a company that does. Additionally, we bring joy to the world of IT staffing and IT recruiting by making the hiring experience memorable, fun, and different.
Find and provide the best talent for clients and excellent career opportunities for consultants and candidates — whom we treat as part of our team. Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Seeking a Java Engineer to develop and revise applications to meet customer requirements that satisfy overall project objectives and timeline. Will operate within an Agile development environment to perform program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
Overview of Project and Requirements:
- Consult with IT programming staff and the user community on programming issues. Ensure standards and methodologies are followed and quality targets are met.
- The purpose of this project is to implement Manhattan Associate’s Transportation Management System (TMS) in a hosted SaaS environment to manage both inbound and outbound transportation, manage transportation procurement activities, and provide network modeling capabilities. The solution will integrate with the existing warehouse management system (WMS) to better streamline transportation planning and execution and allow for the deprecation of legacy transportation support applications.
- The project will include carrier EDI enablement activities as well as the buildout of an internal team to support the expanded in-house execution of the transportation function and eliminate reliance on 3rd party management of these activities and outsourcing of procurement bidding events.
- The project will be completed in multiple phases including…
- Transportation Procurement Phase
- Inbound TMS Design Phase
- Inbound TMS / Ops SCI Execution Phase
- Outbound TMS Design Phase
- Outbound TMS Execution Phase
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, readable, reusable, testable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Participate in all aspects of an Agile/Scrum development process
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Proficient in Java and J2EE framework, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Experience with the Spring Framework, particularly Spring Boot, Spring Data, and Spring Integration
- Knowledge of Angular 2 or greater practices and commonly used modules based on work experience
- Ability to create custom modules/components to extend the elements of core Angular 2 or greater
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java
- Understanding of the class loading mechanism in Java
- Understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Experience with Java-based Web services such as RESTful
- Experience with XML, Xquery, XSL, and JSON
- Experience with both external and embedded databases
- Knowledge of SQL and JDBC; hands-on experience with ORM frameworks such as Hibernate
- Experience in implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant, Maven, and Gradle
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Experience with Linux/Unix and Windows platforms
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Ability to work with multiple cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of supply chain principles and familiarity with transportation and warehouse management system concepts is preferred.
- Prior retail experience is strongly preferred.
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
We do our jobs in a way that brings delight every day to our clients and the people who work with us. Life is simply too short to grind through every day as a small cog in a huge recruiting machine. As a young and high energy company, we aim to help consultants and candidates land fulfilling jobs that offer real career growth.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed