Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our Tucson, AZ client has a contract opening for a Laboratory Assistant who will maintain laboratory instruments and equipment on a daily, monthly, and quarterly basis. Prepares reagents and monitors instruments for bulk reagent levels. Orders and stocks office and laboratory supplies and equipment. Performs onsite servicing and technical support of various lab equipment including Benchmark autostainers. Manages incoming/outgoing stained slide and/or reagent shipments. May support several different functional lab spaces and groups.
- High School diploma or GED required. Some college experience preferred.
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written.
- Attention to detail in written instructions and documentation.
- Basic computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds.
- Ability to use hand tools such as screwdrivers, wrenches, nut-drivers and various other hand tools.
- Ability to use test equipment such as flow meters, pH meters, precision weight scales, and pressure meters.
- Ability to multitask and transition between different tasks (ex. reagent replenishment to assisting with instrument maintenance)
- Experience with inventory management preferred
- Works independently but is part of a team delivering key services to product development teams
- Experience with the basic suite of office tools (ex. Google calendars, Excel)
- Previous experience in a lab setting preferred
- Mobility. This position will require movement between several labs in one building each day.
- Experience with digital imaging is preferred.
- Performs daily, monthly and quarterly instrument and equipment maintenance and cleaning tasks.
- Monitors and maintains usage logs for all equipment and instruments. Monitors, schedules and delivers portable equipment for calibration and maintains necessary paperwork.
- Troubleshoots minor equipment malfunctions by performing operational tests.
- Monitors and prepares bulk reagents daily.
- Maintains stock room and monitors and/or orders lab supplies inventory.
- Schedules internal equipment repairs and preventative maintenance as necessary.
- Prepares and schedules incoming and outgoing stained slide and/or reagent shipments.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Position may be required to change xylene/ alcohols in coverslipping instruments, but training and PPE will be provided
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed