Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our client has a remote contract need for a Lead Cloud Engineer (GCP) who will be responsible for working closely with other Site Reliability Engineers, Application Development teams, internal business teams, internal shared IT teams, and external consultants to solve operations challenges through software engineering practices
As the client expands their continuous delivery portfolio, they are looking for a hands-on engineer with experience running platforms as scale leveraging industry observability and automation platforms.
**This is a SRE (System Reliability Engineer) position and not a DevOps engineer position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ SRE and operational role running a mid-size enterprise platform
- 3+ years of experience with cloud platforms like – Azure (preferred) or GCP.
- 5+ years working with Windows
- Extensive experience working with and customizing automation scripts – Terraform is desired.
- Working experience in or strong understating of DevOps and Agile development processes
- Prior experiences with DevOps CI/CD tools like Git/GitHub and Azure DevOps.
- Experience analyzing data to drive decisions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong analytical, algorithmic, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent teamwork and proactive attitude
- Familiarity with API Management Tools (Azure API Management, ApiGee or others).
- Familiarity with Azure Cloud Technologies.
- Exposure to Agile software development practices.
- Desired: Knowledge of healthcare systems.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) is a major plus.
- Familiarity with integrating new automated tools into pipeline (SAST/DAST tools, Artifacts management, automated testing etc.)
- Looking for a person who will design the monitoring and alerting system and automate reactions to the alerts. Not a person who will respond to an email alert and go fix something manually.
- Lead other SRE engineers.
- Build, maintain, administer, and continuously evolve Cloud based capabilities
- Serve as an internal technical subject matter expert and face of the Site Reliability Engineering team
- Support operational and major incident responses
- Assist and work on other key operational objectives with other SRE Team Members and Application Development including cloud, application platforms, deployment pipelines, monitoring, alerting, reporting, and change management (Azure and GCP Cloud experience is preferred)
- Configure and tune the observability platforms we use to streamline alerting and proactively identify issue.
- Automate manual activities as new features are added to the platform.
- Ensure the platform functional test suite remains complete and runs quickly.
- Expand performance and load testing capability to better simulate real production use.
- Perform root cause analysis owning actionable follow-ups.
- Measure and optimize system performance setting proper metrics and SLAs/SLOs
- Mange risk and control activities across the platform and team
- Assist the manager with project planning and estimation.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Brings fresh ideas, demonstrates a unique and informed viewpoint, and enjoys collaborating with a cross-functional team to develop real-world solutions and positive user experiences at every interaction.
- Demonstrates refined written and verbal communication skills, fosters open communications, listens effectively, and builds strong partnership networks that result in consistent forward momentum; has excellent negotiation skills with an ability to orchestrate change through influence.
- Takes initiative to complete critical tasks, especially in team settings with dependencies on other people.
- Works effectively in face of stress, ambiguity, difficult situations, and shifting priorities all while championing the long-term architectural view.
- Steps outside of “comfort zone” to tackle new issues/challenges in an aggressive manner, demonstrates the ability to leverage self-directed learning opportunities, and is comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a fast-paced, cutting-edge, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Challenges the status quo to generate new ideas; is open to challenges and implements unique solutions to solve them; focuses on the best outcome for the company, rather than on ego.
- Collaborates and openly seeks and shares information across teams and departments.
- Has established experience in his or her technical field and continually augments experience and skills with the latest research results and techniques.
- Demonstrates a bold commitment to the total alignment of actions, words, and professional beliefs.
Client does not provide sponsorship for this opening. Candidates must now and in the future be legally eligible to work in the US for any employer.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed