Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
A Linux System Engineer contractor is needed in Columbus, Ohio to build Linux servers and the necessary components to achieve project goals (Cloud/On-Prem). You will work closely with project management, technical services and support group, external vendor partners, and the client to ensure a smooth implementation and transition of the servers and related products.
You will also be responsible for building Linux Servers, upgrading, migrating (Windows Servers/Linux), decommissioning, and the documentation and staff training on their aspect of the projects.
Qualifications / Skills Requirements
- Experience with HP hardware and the associated Linux Operating System and Software (On-Prem and Cloud).
- Experience working with products on a variety of Open Systems.
- Experience as an Engineer providing support for large projects from requirements through implementation.
- Able to analyze, develop, and enhance engineering workflow processes.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Project with the ability to create, modify and execute implementation plans.
- Excellent analytical abilities, resulting in problem resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with networking technologies.
- Working knowledge of configuration.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Good co-ordination and organization skills.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience / training towards technical certifications
- This is NOT a Linux admin position doing daily break/fix tasks, but rather an engineering position.
- Ability to work closely with the project team to gather and interpret requirements for HP Hardware/Cloud and the associated Linux Operating System and Software.
- Build/upgrade/migrate servers based on these designs.
- Capable of debugging implementation issues.
- Capable of writing in various administrative scripting languages.
- Proficient with installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux on HP ProLiant hardware/Cloud.
- Knowledgeable in VMware and blade server’s technologies.
- Strong knowledge in the implementation of High Availability (HA) concepts and ability to implement the various vendors software/solutions in this environment.
- Knowledgeable in Red Hat Linux and a thorough understand of Storage concepts including disk partitioning with LVM on Enterprise Storage and its relationship to Linux servers (On-Prem/Cloud).
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed