Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us — we are honest, stay true to our word, and work in the best interest of our clients, consultants, and candidates. Many say they work this way, but few actually do. We are a company that does. Additionally, we bring joy to the world of IT staffing and IT recruiting by making the hiring experience memorable, fun, and different.
Find and provide the best talent for clients and excellent career opportunities for consultants and candidates — whom we treat as part of our team. Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our client has a remote contract opening for a Major Incidents Manager whose duties will involve Priority 1 and Priority 2 incidents including assessing the severity of the incidents, creating initial and ongoing communications, and identifying resources needed to resolve the incident.
- Update the SRT (Service Restoration team) dashboard with appropriate content throughout the SRT
- Execute leadership escalation process
- Provide leadership and guidance through the 4 phases of incident resolution:
- Gathers the information for the RCA process
- Helps to conduct effective RCA’s
- Additional duties when not on an SRT include developing/maintaining support documentation, automation, training, creating dashboards and other support tools to improve major incident management.
- Incident analysis to identify trends for problem management or SWAT
- Technologies include Windows, Linux/UNIX, network and storage, and multiple Cloud-based services.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the business and the impact of outages, impairments, missed SLA’s, and how it impacts customers
- Inventive and drives process improvements within the department
- Vendor management and driving escalations
- Frequently interacts with subordinates, customers and peer groups at various management levels
Skills / Qualifications:
- Leadership Skills – Ability to guide a cross functional team in rapid resolution of a service outage.
- Major Incident Management Skills – Demonstrated ability to assess, contain, and resolve service disruptions. Ability to follow a structured approach to solving major incidents.
- Communication Skills – Ability to interact at all layers of the organization and communicate the impact and resolution steps effectively.
- Managerial Courage – Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and go “toe to toe” with senior leadership or business partners when needed.
- Business Acumen – Broad understanding of the business functions, business applications, and site-specific requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group: vice presidents, directors, managers, vendors, and subject matter experts.
- Broad knowledge base with a working knowledge of technology and the ability to troubleshoot technology they may have never seen before
- BA, BS in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or information systems
- 7+ years’ experience in related field
- Experience leading cross functional teams
- Technical certifications preferred
- Technical acumen and understanding of multiple operating systems and technical platforms in Windows, Linux, network, and Storage, Cloud, and many applications.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Tucson, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX, and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
We do our jobs in a way that brings delight every day to our clients and the people who work with us. Life is simply too short to grind through every day as a small cog in a huge recruiting machine. As a young and high energy company, we aim to help consultants and candidates land fulfilling jobs that offer real career growth.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed